How Much I Paid for My Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame really that GM is playing these stupid games with consumers on this car. It's incredibly disingenuous of them and only the stupidly diehard GM fans who think it's somehow a good thing would condone such behavior.

This is the difference between luxury brands and brands like Chevy, Toyota, etc. You walk into a BMW dealership...my experience of course...and you are treated with so much more respect and upfront no-nonsense behavior. Sure there are sleazy BMW dealers out there as well...no doubt at all. But in general, you get what you pay for.

Every time I get in an i3, I realize it has some flaws but it's just a superior vehicle overall....range aside. Yet you can lease one for less than a Bolt.

That's why it's so hard to put out this much money for the Bolt. Because you know you're getting royally had and its only real merit is range. The rest of the car is ordinary and nothing really special.

For folks around Rydell Chevrolet in Northridge CA, the selling price is $2,000 and $2,500 off MSRP for LT and Premier respectively.

sgt1372 said:
That said, GM is offering very good lease terms now and if you qualify for the best rates, I would suggest you lease now rather than wait, especially because the Fed Tax Credit offsets and, if you're in CA, the state and PGE rebates which make the deals better won't be available on used Bolts later.

It certainly won't hurt to walk into a dealership and talk terms. If you don't like the deal, just walk.

I will certainly talk to dealerships when 1) there are Bolts on the lot in NY (should be next month) and 2) I have a better idea of the future DCQCs to be rolled out along I-90 (no idea when that will happen).

Until then, my Leaf and CMax serve me very well. Leasing a Bolt would mean that in 3 years I have to find a replacement. With those residuals, a straight buy-out is not going to happen without GM giving me a significant discount.

First time poster but I have been reading these posts to get pricing so thanks to everyone. Wanted to share Premier Chevrolet of Buena Park offered off a lease of a Premier Bolt $2360 off MSRP and dealership will pay drive off for you of $1120.59 for a total discount of $3480. I will check it out tomorrow but seems like a good current deal, but may not look so good 1 month from now the way prices are moving so fast all of a sudden.

For the zero down option:​
$2,360 off MSRP
$1120.59 driveoffs, first month payment, DMV fees paid by us​
$3,480 Total Discount

blackbolt said:
First time poster but I have been reading these posts to get pricing so thanks to everyone. Wanted to share Premier Chevrolet of Buena Park offered off a lease of a Premier Bolt $2360 off MSRP and dealership will pay drive off for you of $1120.59 for a total discount of $3480. I will check it out tomorrow but seems like a good current deal, but may not look so good 1 month from now the way prices are moving so fast all of a sudden.

$2,360 off MSRP
$3,480 Total Discount

The zero down option looks good. Would be curious to see what the money factor and the residual value are. Probably best to use 36 month total lease cost to get the best comparisons.

Money factor 0.00072, residual value 59% for 12,000 mile per year 36 month lease. Sorry, should have included that in original post.

blackbolt said:
Money factor 0.00072, residual value 59% for 12,000 mile per year 36 month lease. Sorry, should have included that in original post.

So is your monthly payment in the $550 range?

It is 35 payments (dealer pays first of 36) of $456 already including tax for the bolt MSRP $43,510. But I prefer 0 down and higher monthly for tax deduction purposes.

JupiterMoon said:
It's a shame really that GM is playing these stupid games with consumers on this car. It's incredibly disingenuous of them and only the stupidly diehard GM fans who think it's somehow a good thing would condone such behavior.

It's only stupid on GM's part if it doesn't work. Frankly, if they can move the (say) 15-20,000 units that would be a minimum to claim 'success' and do so at a high price, then it would be stupid of them not to do it. *I* won't be buying one at those prices, but I can see that if they can sell what they need to sell at the highest possible price, then that is what they should be doing.

At the moment, they are the least expensive 200+ mile car on the market, and I think that they *should* be capitalizing on it. They can lower prices once the 200-mile LEAF or the Tesla Model 3 is actually available in quantity. Until then, they are just about the only deal in town, and it's a seller's market. BTW - I'm not a 'die-hard GM fan' (I currently drive a GM EV, but the previous GM vehicle I owned was a 1953 Chevy 3100 pickup). I just understand capitalism.

JupiterMoon said:

Every time I get in an i3, I realize it has some flaws but it's just a superior vehicle overall....range aside. Yet you can lease one for less than a Bolt.

That's why it's so hard to put out this much money for the Bolt. Because you know you're getting royally had and its only real merit is range. The rest of the car is ordinary and nothing really special.

As a driver of the i3, I agree with you mostly. If I go with the Bolt to replace my i3 lease, I'll be paying $100 more a month. There are areas (in addition to range) where the Bolt has some advantages. MUCH better technology in the cabin including CarPlay/Android), 5 seats, conventional rear doors, conventional tires, more comfortable ride. Keep in mind, the only reason the i3 is so cheap to lease is that BMW is (and has since 2014) playing games as well. Their residuals are whacked too. They're getting hosed on every lease-return they resell. Also, BMW gets to use premium materials in the i3 interior because the car is made from Carbon Fiber with plastic body panels (where they save all the weight). BMW has already stated the next generation of the i3 would most likely shift to aluminum. Also, even with chargers at home and free charging at work, I can't begin to tell you how amazing the idea of plugging the Bolt in once a week. Coworkers with the Bolt all confirm they're getting AT LEAST the 238 miles. I have NEVER achived the rated 81 miles... even on eco mode driving under the speed limit, I rarely hit 65 miles. And I can tell you from experience that the unconventional tires ($150 each before installation) have a life of 7500 miles (10k tops if you're in a dry climate and not worries about rain). That alone comes to $50/mo over a 3 year lease. Finally, i can't begin to tell you how many rattles the i3 produces that no dealer has been able to fix. I'm sure a first year Chevy will have the same issue but my i3 retailed for $56k.

blackbolt said:
It is 35 payments (dealer pays first of 36) of $456 already including tax for the bolt MSRP $43,510. But I prefer 0 down and higher monthly for tax deduction purposes.

For a Premier Bolt, IMO, it appears to be a good deal for what is available right now.

blackbolt said:

really? That sounds like a great deal. I'd be interested in understanding how it got to $456. Can you post how they go to it?
You said you're putting down $0 and they're paying for all the Due at Signing?

really? That sounds like a great deal. I'd be interested in understanding how it got to $456. Can you post how they go to it?

Yes, $1120.59 is drive off but they pay it for you. it includes the first month payment plus all the DMV fees etc. Then $2360 off MSRP, still get the $2500 dealer CCR, .00072 MF and 59% residual on 12,000 miles 36 month lease. This feels like a good current deal, but prices seem to be falling rapidly, so maybe even in 1-2 weeks won't look so good. I don't what the bottom is. I will be going today, if all checks out I will pull the trigger, if not, then I am inclined to wait the way things are dropping.

blackbolt said:

Yes, $1120.59 is drive off but they pay it for you. it includes the first month payment plus all the DMV fees etc. Then $2360 off MSRP, still get the $2500 dealer CCR, .00072 MF and 59% residual on 12,000 miles 36 month lease. This feels like a good current deal, but prices seem to be falling rapidly, so maybe even in 1-2 weeks won't look so good. I don't what the bottom is. I will be going today, if all checks out I will pull the trigger, if not, then I am inclined to wait the way things are dropping.

Oh, I see my mistake. I had the money factor at 0.00126 because there was another person here that was getting screwed over.
I'm getting $456 on the dot now. Awesome deal, congrats. All you know is what you have in front of you today, and not tomorrow. This is the best deal I've seen so far. Congrats.

Oh, I see my mistake. I had the money factor at 0.00126 because there was another person here that was getting screwed over.
I'm getting $456 on the dot now. Awesome deal, congrats. All you know is what you have in front of you today, and not tomorrow. This is the best deal I've seen so far. Congrats.

Thanks! I went there today and they gave me the deal they quoted so I took it and I brought home my black bolt today. It took a while there because they were selling so many cars, waiting for the finance officer took a while. I declined the lease protection plan. But overall very smooth, honest transaction. It was weird driving off with a lease with giving no money down, never had to pull out a check book or credit card. Only small annoyance was they only had it charged at 60 miles, but they said they did not mean to do that, it was an oversight and they felt bad about it, so I will trust them on that.

blackbolt said:

$2,360 off MSRP
$3,480 Total Discount.

So do you think they would give others this deal? I'm still trying to figure out how they gave you that price with no money down, no drive off....it doesn't come out to $456 for me. Not even close.

SparkE said:
JupiterMoon said:

It's only stupid on GM's part if it doesn't work. Frankly, if they can move the (say) 15-20,000 units that would be a minimum to claim 'success' and do so at a high price, then it would be stupid of them not to do it. *I* won't be buying one at those prices, but I can see that if they can sell what they need to sell at the highest possible price, then that is what they should be doing.

At the moment, they are the least expensive 200+ mile car on the market, and I think that they *should* be capitalizing on it. They can lower prices once the 200-mile LEAF or the Tesla Model 3 is actually available in quantity. Until then, they are just about the only deal in town, and it's a seller's market. BTW - I'm not a 'die-hard GM fan' (I currently drive a GM EV, but the previous GM vehicle I owned was a 1953 Chevy 3100 pickup). I just understand capitalism.

I understand capitalism too and the issue is it's short-sighted and myopic. They'd make a far better name for themselves if they move twice as many units at lower prices but mid-to-long term are usually not well understood or appreciated by greed driven systems.

So do you think they would give others this deal? I'm still trying to figure out how they gave you that price with no money down, no drive off....it doesn't come out to $456 for me. Not even close.

I was skeptical at first also, but they were true to their word. They did tell me to tell anybody else to contact them for good deals because they got the most inventory anywhere locally they have to move, ask for Tricia Wohler and her assistant Ty at Premier Chevrolet in Buena Park, Ca. The way I found them initially is by using True Car that showed them offering guaranteed at least $2318 off MSRP, so I emailed them to see if they can do better since it said at least. They emailed me back the scenario above that appeared confusing when written, but when I talked to them on the phone they cleared it up that basically you get the $2360 off MSRP (gross capitalized cost $41745.00) and they pay the driveoff of $1120.59 for you, so all I pay is 35 payments of 423.80 (456.64 including tax). The $2500 dealer CCR is included already in the calculation (adjusted cap cost $39245), MF 0.00072 with 59% residual ($25670.90) for 12,000 mile 36 month lease, I don't know how to do the math on this, but thorin78 did the math and said it computed. I am looking at the paperwork right now, so I know it did in real life.

blackbolt said:

I was skeptical at first also, but they were true to their word. They did tell me to tell anybody else to contact them for good deals because they got the most inventory anywhere locally they have to move, ask for Tricia Wohler and her assistant Ty at Premier Chevrolet in Buena Park, Ca. The way I found them initially is by using True Car that showed them offering guaranteed at least $2318 off MSRP, so I emailed them to see if they can do better since it said at least. They emailed me back the scenario above that appeared confusing when written, but when I talked to them on the phone they cleared it up that basically you get the $2360 off MSRP (gross capitalized cost $41745.00) and they pay the driveoff of $1120.59 for you, so all I pay is 35 payments of 423.80 (456.64 including tax). The $2500 dealer CCR is included already in the calculation (adjusted cap cost $39245), MF 0.00072 with 59% residual ($25670.90) for 12,000 mile 36 month lease, I don't know how to do the math on this, but thorin78 did the math and said it computed. I am looking at the paperwork right now, so I know it did in real life.

Maybe you can scan the lease deal and post it here.

Does the dealer keep the CA state rebate of $2500 that you apply for? Some dealers can work it into the lease, others can't I guess..
When I leased my Ford Focus electric a few years ago I applied for the Rebate through the state of CA and I got a check in the mail. All I had to send them was the application and a copy of the lease.

Back