Infotainment center software bugs with night mode

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndrich

Dear Bolt Team:

Love the Bolt. Interesting software bug that is rather annoying. At night the center screen does the correct thing, and becomes the night theme with dark background. The 10 inch radio screen is supposed to do that too, but often upon starting the car at night it stays with the day screen despite the center 8 inch screen correctly displaying the night mode. I can only fix by rebooting the radio with the home-FF maneuver. Sometimes this happens when I put the car in reverse before the full boot of the infotainment screen, but not every time. So, there must be a software bug of some kind. Would love for you to report this to the software guys to see if there can be some kind of bug fix in the future.

dndrich said:
Dear Bolt Team:

Love the Bolt. Interesting software bug that is rather annoying. At night the center screen does the correct thing, and becomes the night theme with dark background. The 10 inch radio screen is supposed to do that too, but often upon starting the car at night it stays with the day screen despite the center 8 inch screen correctly displaying the night mode. I can only fix by rebooting the radio with the home-FF maneuver. Sometimes this happens when I put the car in reverse before the full boot of the infotainment screen, but not every time. So, there must be a software bug of some kind. Would love for you to report this to the software guys to see if there can be some kind of bug fix in the future.

Thanks for reaching out, dndrich! I'll shoot this information over to my internal teams for their awareness and review. To clarify, have you been able to reach out to your servicing dealership to bring this to their attention as well? As my eyes and ears in the field, I want to make sure they have the opportunity to run a check on your Infotainment system.

If you'd like, I can help set you up for a diagnostic appointment with your preferred dealer. Once they've been able to run some preliminary diagnostic testing, we can see what further steps may need to be taken to resolve this concern

Warm Wishes,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

ChevyCustomerCare said:
dndrich said:
Dear Bolt Team:

Thanks for reaching out, dndrich! I'll shoot this information over to my internal teams for their awareness and review. To clarify, have you been able to reach out to your servicing dealership to bring this to their attention as well? As my eyes and ears in the field, I want to make sure they have the opportunity to run a check on your Infotainment system.

If you'd like, I can help set you up for a diagnostic appointment with your preferred dealer. Once they've been able to run some preliminary diagnostic testing, we can see what further steps may need to be taken to resolve this concern

Warm Wishes,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks for the quick reply!! Nice to know you are there. Love the car. No, I haven't reached out to the dealership yet, but I could. I am such a busy fellow, as a full time eye surgeon, that the problem has not bugged me enough to warrant a visit to repair. I can if it would be helpful. I figured I would bring this to your attention in case you get other similar complaints, figuring it is not unique to my vehicle. But, nobody else on the forums seems to complain about this, so perhaps it is.

dndrich said:
ChevyCustomerCare said:
dndrich said:
Dear Bolt Team:

Warm Wishes,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks for the quick reply!! Nice to know you are there. Love the car. No, I haven't reached out to the dealership yet, but I could. I am such a busy fellow, as a full time eye surgeon, that the problem has not bugged me enough to warrant a visit to repair. I can if it would be helpful. I figured I would bring this to your attention in case you get other similar complaints, figuring it is not unique to my vehicle. But, nobody else on the forums seems to complain about this, so perhaps it is.

Here and happy to help, dndrich! I can completely understand a busy schedule. If you want to send me your VIN, contact information, vehicle mileage, dealership name and some days/time that work for you, I can help set up a convenient appointment. To review GM's privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Even if nobody has expressed concerns over this issue as of yet, we still appreciate customer outreach like this.

Best,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Back