iPhone and Carplay

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpfullerton

Weird glitch, wondering if it is just me being dumb, but has anyone else connected their phone to bluetooth and then try and nav? So when I do that I can hear all the voice prompts, then when I connect the phone to the car via USB there are no more voice prompts. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello there,

When you connect with just Bluetooth, you are not using CarPlay, you're just using Nav on your phone, and it's playing the sound thru the Bolt's sound system.

When you plug into the front USB ports, CarPlay is activated (if you have enabled it in the Bolt Settings), and it's possible that you have voice nav muted in that case. I believe if you tap on the screen (which should be showing the nav map), there's a button to enable/disable the voice.

I think the CarPlay volume is slightly different than the volume for the rest of the sound system, so you might have it turned down there.

So I've clicked the sound mute icon you're discussing and it still will not relay nav instructions to me, is anyone else having this issue?

Figured it out...the volume was on 2, and it wouldn't give commands, so I had to wait until it gave a command to turn the volume up. So i was constantly adjusting volume until it gave a command, then I was able to finally here them. This was the most annoying thing to figure out!

Back