Steering Assist is Reduced

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hello- Today I got an alert when starting the car: "Action Required" "Steering Assist is Restricted Drive with Care". What would cause this to trigger? The user manual doesn't give any additional information regarding the alert. The manual states that if the message displays and if you notice a reduction in steering performance, then see your dealer. And if I don't notice a reduction in steering performance? A more detailed explanation of what would cause the alert and what actions should or should not be taken would be appreciated.

mdmoody said:
Hello- Today I got an alert when starting the car: "Action Required" "Steering Assist is Restricted Drive with Care". What would cause this to trigger? The user manual doesn't give any additional information regarding the alert. The manual states that if the message displays and if you notice a reduction in steering performance, then see your dealer. And if I don't notice a reduction in steering performance? A more detailed explanation of what would cause the alert and what actions should or should not be taken would be appreciated.

Hi mdmoody,

We appreciate you reaching out! This message may appear when:

- The steering wheel is turned until it reaches the end of its travel and is held against that position for an extended period of time.

- The power steering assist is used for an extended period of time.

Normal use of the power steering assist should return when the system cools down. If you're still seeing this message pop up, we would encourage you to bring your Bolt EV into your certified dealership. We want to make sure our technicians have the opportunity to thoroughly inspect your vehicle and address this concern.

If you could email me at [email protected] with your VIN, contact information and preferred dealer name, I can definitely help set up the necessary appointment. To review GM's privacy policy, in regards to customer information, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Kind Regards,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

This message just popped up on a short highway drive on a cool day. mdmoody did you get yours diagnosed? My steering feels normal.

Back