Error on "Energy Detail: Since last Full Charge" Screen

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geraldmw

On this screen (see picture attached) the distance traveled has been 'frozen' at 1272.6 miles for 400+ miles.

I have attached pictures of the screen with obviously erroneous data.
View attachment IMG_20170321_175856.jpg

I have attached the speedometer screen too ... the trip meter shows that the data on the above is inconsistent with this.
View attachment IMG_20170321_175850.jpg
Does anyone else have this problem?

How can I report this to Chevy?

It's my opinion these glitches are caused by fast start button operation. You can disconnect the 12 volt battery and reset
the screen. Try pressing the start button full stokes with slower operation. The quick button smack can and will cause com
errors between modules and this will be the results. The most sensitive modules will show issue's first. Try it, before you
take it into the dealer. I'll put money on it as a solution for these types of problems. :idea:

I trust you have a problem.
However, your photos don't show any problem.

The first photo shows "energy used since last full recharge".

The second photo shows "energy used since the last time you hit the reset button".

While the pictures CAN be the same, there is no reason they must be the same. One does not rely on the other.

There is a problem ... it now displays over 600kwH used and the miles travelled is STILL stuck at 1272 since last full charge.

Those who say there is not a problem should do some simple math to see that there IS a problem (and yes I have driven the car to consume that energy -- the road trip meter is now over 3000 miles!)

geraldmw said:
There is a problem ... it now displays over 600kwH used and the miles travelled is STILL stuck at 1272 since last full charge.

Those who say there is not a problem should do some simple math to see that there IS a problem (and yes I have driven the car to consume that energy -- the road trip meter is now over 3000 miles!)
Dumb question, have you charged the car yet to Full or to the Hilltop Reserve level? It won't reset the Energy Detail screen until it gets to at least 87% (Hilltop reserve). If you have done a charge to full and the Energy Detail screen still remains frozen like that, then there is probably a glitch you are encountering.

When I let my 'miles since last full charge' get above 140 I noticed reduced charging rates - it would only charge at about 1.5 kW instead of ~6ish

Interestingly, my screen froze at exactly the same mileage. Energy use is still updating, just like the OP. I am going to try to reset by doing a full charge. I'll post again to let you know how it goes.

As a side note, I am one of those people who quick-presses the start button. If it causes this issue, I will consider becoming a slow-presser.

Back