CA Rebate Application Approved

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I applied on the 20'th of February and got the approval email today (21'st). I am impressed with the whole process. Kudos to the team behind it.

Just resubmitted my PGE Rebate application.

Called the PGE rebate office to ask why the prior application was "not approved" and the rep was really no help. The only reason I can think of was that I submitted a copy of the "temporary" window registration w/the 1st application. The reapplication was submitted w/the full registration received w/the plates.

We'll see if that does the trick but, if it takes as long as the 1st application, that won't be for another 5-6 weeks. Oh well . . .

They are quite the sticklers to the estimated dates. 30 days to the day and my application has been approved.

sgt1372: I did the same as you with my application and used the temporary registration from the windshield. Maybe your picture orientation was sideways? I uploaded with my iPhone and then downloaded them to double-check and although the orientation was correct when viewing the iPhone's directory, when I downloaded them they were sideways. I had to re-orient them in an editor.

z0ner said:
They are quite the sticklers to the estimated dates. 30 days to the day and my application has been approved.

sgt1372: I did the same as you with my application and used the temporary registration from the windshield. Maybe your picture orientation was sideways? I uploaded with my iPhone and then downloaded them to double-check and although the orientation was correct when viewing the iPhone's directory, when I downloaded them they were sideways. I had to re-orient them in an editor.

The temp reg pic looked fine when I sent it. No clue why they didn't accept it. Resent the app w/a pic of the new reg w/a color pic of the 2018 sticker included. Hopefully that'll be enough to satisfy them this time around.

Keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

Finally!!! Just got a notice that my CA Rebate Check for $2500 is in the mail. Can't wait to get it because it's already been spent on the Clipper Creek L2 charger and other things that I bought for my Bolt. ;)

However, I'm still waiting to hear from PGE about their $500 rebate after they denied my initial application and I had to resubmit it. :(

The following isn't relevant to the rebate issue but just thought I'd also mention that my Sirius and OnStar 90 day "trials" just expired yesterday but I'm not going to renew either one.

I seldom use the MyChevy app or any other features that are powered by the basic OnStar service that you still get for 5 years. So, don't really need OnStar.

The extra Sirius stations are nice to have -- especially if you drive beyond radio transmitter range -- but I don't need Sirius either. There are more than enough FM stations in my area and I don't ever plan to drive the Bolt anywhere outside of normal radio range. If I ever do, I'd just hook up my iPod.

Just received my notice of mailing today, too!

Mine was spent on the $1,900 downpayment on my Bolt EV lease downpayment on January 3rd!

My check was mailed out on May 4th. I already received my $500 bucks from PG&E.
I also signed up for the Monterey CA. county rebate program. That's another $2K :mrgreen:

My total cost of ownership will be $27,500.00 OTD for my loaded Premier :cool:

Applied for CA rebate in January and got my check in early May; was advised along the way that my application was received and money allotted; that my application was accepted and that a check would issue in 90 days; that the check was in the mail; and the check arrived. I have no complaints.

Finally got my check yesterday and am depositing it today. 3 months almost to the day. Still waiting to hear (again) from PGE. Not sure why the rebate process takes so long but, of course, I am glad that it is/was available.

sgt1372 said:
Not sure why the rebate process takes so long...
Why should it take any shorter period of time?

Same for me: got mine in the mail yesterday! Now my downpayment is negative!! :D

While it did take exactly 30 days for the approval, I got notification that the check was cut yesterday, only 49 (of the 90) days later. Nice!

drdiesel1 said:
I also signed up for the Monterey CA. county rebate program. That's another $2K :mrgreen:

My total cost of ownership will be $27,500.00 OTD for my loaded Premier :cool:

May I ask how the heck you managed to get 27.5K OTD for a loaded premier? Is that pre CA sales tax?

I bought a fully loaded Premier for about 46K with taxes and fees (Pennsylvania) - 7500 fed credit - 1750 PA State Rebate - 50 local utility = roughly 36700 net

If you are at 27500 net I am truly impressed/jealous ;-)

evDude said:
May I ask how the heck you managed to get 27.5K OTD for a loaded premier? Is that pre CA sales tax?

I'd be interested too BUT, rather than further hijack this thread, please post your answer in the "How much I paid for my Bolt" thread. Thanks! ;)

evDude said:
drdiesel1 said:

My total cost of ownership will be $37,500.00 OTD for my loaded Premier :cool:

I bought a fully loaded Premier for about 46K with taxes and fees (Pennsylvania) - 7500 fed credit - 1750 PA State Rebate - 50 local utility = roughly 36700 net

If you are at 27500 net I am truly impressed/jealous ;-)

Opps! Type O :mrgreen: That's 37,500.00 including tax, title and lic.
That does not include the tax break of $7500.00

sgt1372 said:
Finally got my check yesterday and am depositing it today. 3 months almost to the day. Still waiting to hear (again) from PGE. Not sure why the rebate process takes so long but, of course, I am glad that it is/was available.

The $2.5k's in the bank and already spent. Now I just need to see the $500 from PGE. Not holding my breath for that. :roll:

Ok, I just got another email from PGE (6 weeks after sending in my 2nd application) telling me that their $500 rebate check is in the mail. :)

Still not clear why the 1st application to PGE was rejected but I'm covered now. That's a total of $3k in rebates for my Bolt which makes the deal about as good as it could get for me. Just wish it didn't have to take almost 3 1/2 months to complete the process.

Oh well . . . as they say, beggars can't be choosy. Just happy that the rebates were available to begin with.

Applied on March 14rd.
Approved on April 10th.
Notified that check was mailed on May 16th.
Check received May 18th (today).

Basically 2 months from when the application was submitted.

Received my PG&E rebate checks last week, and the application for those were submitted at the same time for the CVRP rebate.

devbolt said:
Applied on March 14rd.
Approved on April 10th.
Notified that check was mailed on May 16th.
Check received May 18th (today).

Basically 2 months from when the application was submitted.

Received my PG&E rebate checks last week, and the application for those were submitted at the same time for the CVRP rebate.

You were luckier than I was.

I'm not taking it personally but I'm just not having very much luck w/bureaucratic matters recently 3-4 months to get my Bolt rebates (still haven't seen the PGE check) and going on 4 months to get the pink slip for my BMW which I paid off in March.

Oh well . . .

Back