Problems, Bugs, Weird Stuff, Glitches, Concerns Here

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SeanNelson said:
Fulmine said:
I have reported to surveys that my center console malfunctioned after I had the car one week; I couldn't open it via the lever underneath the leading edge of the console. I was waiting until my 7500 mile service to have it fixed. I came to accidentally discover four months later that the lever won't work if the console is slid forward. If it is fully back, it will work. Nothing in the manual about this.
This is actually pretty common - my Prius C works the same way. It's because the hinge at the rear of the console doesn't have the clearance to open when it's slid forward.

It's not a hinge clearance issue. It's the way the latching mechanism works.

IMG_7561.jpgIMG_7562.jpgIMG_7563.jpg

Sit in your car.

Turn it on.

Turn on the radio.

Open the My Chevy App.
(To get state of charge, etc.)

EVERY TIME the app pings or "calls" the car, the radio station changes. Thought I was crazy at first. Nope. It's the car.

Works on both XM and FM. I didn't see a point to try others. With repeatability. Not a one time glitch.

Not a big deal. Just weird and annoying.

Try it. Let me know if your car does too.
I was plugged in at time. See if it makes a difference.

gpsman said:
Sit in your car.

Turn it on.

Turn on the radio.

Open the My Chevy App.
(To get state of charge, etc.)

EVERY TIME the app pings or "calls" the car, the radio station changes. Thought I was crazy at first. Nope. It's the car.

Works on both XM and FM. I didn't see a point to try others. With repeatability. Not a one time glitch.

Not a big deal. Just weird and annoying.

Try it. Let me know if your car does too.
I was plugged in at time. See if it makes a difference.

Do you have Keypass enabled by any chance? And is your Infotainment software 13.4.0 by any chance? And when it changes radio stations, is it changing the list of presets you have?

Prior to 14.1.0 (current Infotainment software) I had the same problem. I could reproduce it by turning off/on bluetooth on my phone and watching the preset list change.

devbolt said:
SeanNelson said:
Fulmine said:
I have reported to surveys that my center console malfunctioned after I had the car one week; I couldn't open it via the lever underneath the leading edge of the console. I was waiting until my 7500 mile service to have it fixed. I came to accidentally discover four months later that the lever won't work if the console is slid forward. If it is fully back, it will work. Nothing in the manual about this.
This is actually pretty common - my Prius C works the same way. It's because the hinge at the rear of the console doesn't have the clearance to open when it's slid forward.
Yes, and the latching mechanism is designed that way so that you don't try to force the hinge when the armrest is slid forward. If you look at the hinge when you open it, you'll see that part of the armrest swivels down below the level of the console - that can't happen if the armrest is moved forward.

At least that's how it works in my Prius C.

Well this is not a Prius C so why are you posting?
And no, the Chevy Bolt armrest is not like that.
Has nothing to do with the hinge.
You CAN open it when slid forward when you figure out how to defeat the latch. Took me 30 seconds to figure it out. Just like in the photographs by devbolt.

SeanNelson said:
devbolt said:
SeanNelson said:
Yes, and the latching mechanism is designed that way so that you don't try to force the hinge when the armrest is slid forward. If you look at the hinge when you open it, you'll see that part of the armrest swivels down below the level of the console - that can't happen if the armrest is moved forward.

At least that's how it works in my Prius C.
The armrest slides forward as you can see from the photos. You have to slide it backwards to the default position to get it to open. At no point would it swivel downwards when opening. There's plenty of clearance to open the armrest when it is slid forward as evidenced by the first set of photos.

drdiesel1 said:
Here's a TSB for the radio resets/display going blank as well as some other issue's.
Tell you dealer about this and they can update the system.

Anyone with a production date prior to Feb 6th 2017 should have this done.

Anyone else feel that this TSB is piss-poor? No VIN, no software version, just a date, and the plate on the car does NOT say any more than month/year.

I took my car in and asked if this applied after my backup camera failed to work one time and was told it did not apply. The date on the driver's door sticker say 02/17, so it was a valid concern.

Now I'm having other issues, such as radio station favorites saving, then disappearing. I noticed that the up/down paddles would not change stations sometimes, even though they will always change tracks on the USB source. Noticed the other day that there was a favorite station with a frequency of 0.00 MHz in the favorite list, and that the paddle would not allow me to tune to it, but a quick double tap sometimes went past it.

Next time I looked, there were 3 "stations" @ 0.00 MHz, and no amount of double tap or even continuous tapping would budge the tuner.

Also, the settings for departure charging are simply ignoring the peak times I put in if the "earliest" option is selected. Setting "latest" works to delay 'til morning, but perhaps only because I had used only a few miles. If SOC is very low, I'm afraid it will start charging as soon as I plug in again.

So now we have a piss-poor TSB trying to cover piss-poor software. :evil:

Come on GM, this needs attention, it needs fixing, and it needs to be finished yesterday. :(

You need to have the TSB performed and the Infotainment software updated to 14.1.0. All of the issues you described were ones I was having. Updating to 14.1.0 from 13.4.0 pretty much fixed it all.

The electric rate priority issue, however, is a separate problem.

devbolt said:
You need to have the TSB performed and the Infotainment software updated to 14.1.0. All of the issues you described were ones I was having. Updating to 14.1.0 from 13.4.0 pretty much fixed it all.

The electric rate priority issue, however, is a separate problem.

14.1.0 installed, all the same symptoms I described still occurring...

Today it refused to acknowledge the phone was compatible at all. Perhaps in a few hours it will decide to connect and drop the connection at the first sign of activity as before.

The dealer has told me that the TSB does not apply to my car.

BoltADrome said:
Seems like junk software to me.

I sympathize with your difficulties, but this isn't close to a universal problem. I wouldn't call it "junk software". Some have had similar difficulties (including myself) that were fixed with the update, but I've never had a problem with the system recognizing my phone when plugged in.

I agree, there may a systemic issue with your info unit. I would push to just get it replaced after multiple dealer visits.

BoltADrome said:
Still just getting this today:

If you don't have anything setup/plugged in to work with the projection display, you'll always get this info screen.
IE a thumb drive with images will work.

BoltADrome said:
Still just getting this today:

Yes, I get this intermittently also. The software update did not fix it, the dealer service guys have no clue. Bad software is more likely than bad hardware.

Update.
We did get one phone to connect for a while, but it dropped out when moving the phone, suspect bad USB jack.
Second phone then setup identically, same model, same versions, worked for almost 20 minutes but dropped out for no apparent reason. USB jack NOT the problem on this one.

Still get no device found message randomly with both phones, known good cables, etc.

I had a new one today. Signal lights were on, but no clicking sound. Reset the center display but that didn't help. Had to cycle the car on and off to resolve.

Back