DoninLAlaland

Re: Bolt Front Seats Recall Media Campaign

Tue May 16, 2017 7:35 am

iletric wrote:
DoninLAlaland wrote:On the positive side, I was able to do my typical 3 mile run on Saturday morning pain-free after not driving the Bolt for almost two weeks.
Hilarious!

Keep at it in Lalaland. We need to get the message out. I can't believe no one here has come up with anything creative so far.

Facebook anyone? Twitter? There has got to be a way.

As far as your Bolt, just plunk down the money and get the seats feathered. It's cheaper down there in LA than in SF. Up here, general price is 450-500 per seat. I knew nothing was going to happen for months and took the plunge, enjoying the results.

Overall, I expected much better from Chevy. Now we know...

Only 5 months wait for Leaf 2. Hooray! Cruise control on the right side. Wipers down down down, instead of up up up.

Can't wait.

Thanks, iletric. I did Twitter over the weekend -- reactivated my account, actually. That's where I hit-up @GMCustomerSvc. They're a joke. GM does not care. Really a shame. :evil:

I also posted a review of my dealer on Yelp. He's angry, but what more can I do.

People are posting reviews on Edmunds.com about how horrible the seats are. It's too late, however, for those who have already purchased or leased. (sigh)

iletric

Thu May 18, 2017 3:43 am

DoninLAlaland wrote:People are posting reviews on Edmunds.com about how horrible the seats are. It's too late, however, for those who have already purchased or leased. (sigh)
Gotta take your lumps. I'm sure you can get them fixed in LA for about $700 or less. There are shops galore down there. Get it done and live happily.

My peeve is the suspension now. It's awful, but it seems we'll have to live with it. Sophisticated it is not. There may be no upgrade (or downgrade) shocks available yet for replacement.

scbolt

Thu May 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Tttait wrote:
Soon I'll fill you guys in on telescopic sun visors, but that's another day and another thread!

Any update on the telescopic sun visors? Were you able to locate any? Would be very interested in any updates you may have on those.

LeftieBiker

Thu May 18, 2017 9:02 pm

scbolt wrote:
Tttait wrote:
Soon I'll fill you guys in on telescopic sun visors, but that's another day and another thread!

Any update on the telescopic sun visors? Were you able to locate any? Would be very interested in any updates you may have on those.

The Leaf uses optional Nissan Sentra extendable visors, which are also available (for the Sentra, not the Leaf) with lighted mirrors. It might be easiest to adapt those. Someone just installed the lighted ones in his Leaf.

scbolt

Fri May 19, 2017 2:25 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
scbolt wrote:
Tttait wrote:

The Leaf uses optional Nissan Sentra extendable visors, which are also available (for the Sentra, not the Leaf) with lighted mirrors. It might be easiest to adapt those. Someone just installed the lighted ones in his Leaf.

For now I have ordered this ... will see how it works:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IBZNH88

(if the link above does not show, go to Amazon and search for item "B00IBZNH88")

Tttait

Sun May 21, 2017 2:15 am

Tttait wrote:Give me a week or two on the sunvisors, waiting for the final ones to come in... I'll start a new thread.

Sorry guys - have been going back and forth to Pandora to get it ready for guests...

as promised: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6512&p=20379#p20379

Return to “News and Main Chevy Bolt EV Forum”