Bolt EV arrives in Chicagoland......

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am ready to buy a Bolt Premier and am looking at dealers here in the Chicagoland area. When I searched for Premier Bolts on the Chevrolet Bolt website, I saw ( with 250 miles distance selected ) a Michigan dealer selling a loaded premier for 40,839 (43,905 MSRP).

I am looking to get a deal, and would consider driving to Michigan to get the deal, but would rather buy local. Has anyone bought from out of state, and how does it work? I assume Illinois would somehow get a cut of the sale. If I purchased in Michigan, they would be the state that gets the sales tax, right?

Again, I would rather buy local, and I will try to get a deal close to the above price. But I also understand dealers around here, with the first batch of Bolts coming in, will probably be at MSRP. Unless the demand is weak, i would have to wait for a deal...

Any Chicago deals out there????
Dealer suggestions?

Demand in IL is weak. I suspect local dealers with their California cars will match whatever deal you get.

Regarding purchasing out of state - I've done this many times. You won't pay MI sales tax. You'll only pay IL.

Use CarGurus.com and search for the Bolt EVs in the Chicago Area based on your Zipcode. Make sure to use the USED car setting it will give you the price points for each dealer for All the NEW Bolt EVs they have on the lot or on order. If you plan on Leasing as I did, Make sure you are versed in the Lease Calculator information on the LEASEHACKR website. This is a good tool to make sure you get a fair lease deal.

Back