CCS chargers now at Bolt EV (Chevrolet) dealerships!!!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkyps said:
Good idea BoltWanabee, while I doubt hundreds of people will all start calling dealerships asking about their CCS chargers it might be useful to have a way to track who has already been called and what their status is (installed, planning to install, no plans, ...). Perhaps a Google docs spreadsheet to view and a Google docs form for people to enter information for putting in the spreadsheet?

Does anyone have a complete list of the dealerships with address/phone numbers in electronic form?

I know I can extract all 1,169 Bolt EV dealerships onto a spreadsheet from the Google Map I created but I'm not sure how to share the spreadsheet so other people can edit it. It's possible to add fields and colors to the Google Map so maybe I can give people edit rights of my Google Map and we can track using the map. Let me think on it and I'll get back to you.

I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Bolts arrive here in September. Yearly I make a trip to Madison Wisconsin, a 327 mile drive. There are no DC fast chargers on my typical route except for Tesla ones. I checked with a Chevy Bolt dealership in a small town in Northern Wisconsin and the service manager said Chevy owners would be able to stop and charge there. I would be willing to try this alternate route although it adds 20 miles to the trip as it is the only way I could get to Madison driving the Bolt. The charger at this dealership is not hooked up yet but when it is and I give it a try I will add it to PlugShare. I am glad you brought this up as it has gotten me thinking on the possibilities.

I've had a call in to Spokane Washington dealership, since they carry the Bolt any input as install date and usage policy for out of area Bolts. No response yet.

Between south central BC Canada and Spokane Wa. there are no DC fast chargers. If Spokane dealership has a fast charger then other dealers along the interstate through Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota might follow suit. My masterplan is to drive to Colorado late next May. Colorado has several DC combo chargers. Right now there are Zero DC combo chargers until I reach Fort Colin's Colorado. With dealership support they can establish "The Rocky Mountain Electric Highway". Come on GM PR. It's yours to use. 6 dealerships at less than $5000 each and you open up early adopters to realistic cross county driving.

ArthurL said:
I've had a call in to Spokane Washington dealership, since they carry the Bolt any input as install date and usage policy for out of area Bolts. No response yet.

Between south central BC Canada and Spokane Wa. there are no DC fast chargers. If Spokane dealership has a fast charger then other dealers along the interstate through Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota might follow suit. My masterplan is to drive to Colorado late next May. Colorado has several DC combo chargers. Right now there are Zero DC combo chargers until I reach Fort Colin's Colorado. With dealership support they can establish "The Rocky Mountain Electric Highway". Come on GM PR. It's yours to use. 6 dealerships at less than $5000 each and you open up early adopters to realistic cross county driving.

What makes you think it would cost "less than $5000 each" ?? The DCFC unit alone costs much more than that, let alone all the installation costs!

My bad...typo $35,000 not $5,000. BMW has a CCS for $7,000 alone.

As far as Spokane dealer goes, I called them back today. I talked to a salesman then confirmed by email from the sales desk, they have Level 3 chargers at Camp Chevrolet Cadillac. The gate to access is usually open until 8pm every evening.

Next dealership to check along my Rocky Mountain Electric Hwy is Missoula, Montana.

Back