Blind Spot Monitor acting funny

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have been driving my new Bolt for about a week now and the drivers side blind spot monitor seems to come one and stay on even when nothing is there. It will go out when I come to a stop but come back on once I start driving again. The passenger side is working fine. I read in the manual that the system has to learn and to drive on highways to teach it. I have put 600 miles on the car already mostly freeway and it's still acting the same since the day I started driving it. It's really annoying at night to have that orange light constantly on the mirror. I go into the settings and turn off the LCA system and the light goes out but it comes right back on the next time I turn on the car. Why does it not remember the setting that I disabled the system. Is there any way to reset the system to get it to relearn again? My local dealer will not be Bolt certified until next month so I was hoping for a DIY solution.

Thanks

wmloehr said:
I have been driving my new Bolt for about a week now and the drivers side blind spot monitor seems to come one and stay on even when nothing is there.
The first thing to do is to check that the ultrasonic sensors on the left rear part of the bumper aren't dirty or obstructed in some way.

Back