Best deal in Los Angeles/Southern California??

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

OK, I'm ready to go. My Volt lease expires in a few weeks.

Best deal I've heard of here is $4160 off MSRP and $3500 incentive on a lease.

Anyone got anything similar in Socal? Any dealers here want to make a sale?

Where are we getting the best deals, anyone know??? Which dealers are worth talking to?

Be wary of dealer ads is all i got to say. You are better off waiting for bolt lease deals. I contacted mark christopher who is supposed to have the best lease deals this month. They had an ad for bolt lt with dcfc $0 drive off $289 month. When i contacted them they said it was only for 1 car and its red. When i asked how much a grey one was they said $359/month with $1107 drive off...definitely bait and switch.
Bolt leases are unchanged from 2 months ago, no wonder sales are low...

On a side note why does a dcfc option cause the lease to be 1k to 2k more for a lease? I thought this was a $750 option

I always ask for a zero driveaway, including sales tax lease, 15,000 miles. That way all the down payment games are avoided.

One poster here got a killer deal on a car without DCFC. The dealer realized it would be hard to move and gave a substantial additional discount.

I agree it would be better to wait, but my present lease expires this month and I need to do something this month or next at the latest.

Just leased a white Bolt LT with DCFC, Comfort and Driver Confidence package:

MRSP: $39,295
Sale Price: $35,925
Incentive: $3500
36months
12,000 miles/yr
$1000 down (this was from insurance payment for my eGolf total loss).

$326/mo including taxes

Premier Chevrolet in Buena Park. Tried to match Rydell $4100 discount off MSRP but they wouldn't since Rydell doesn't have the cars in stock.

I would've waited until summer but needed a car now. At the end of the day, paying $10 more per month over my eGolf but my insurance did go up $140/year (Mercury).

Certainly not the best deal but I'm sharing a lease offer I received this week from my local Chevy dealer here in San Diego. On related note, my wife and I both work from home and we drive far less than the national average. Our cars are paid-in-full. It's proving very difficult to justify a car payment.

MSRP = 43,615.00
Price = 42,882.16
Rebate = 3500.00
Residual % = .59
Factor = .0010400
Term = 36 mo
Annual Mileage = 12K
Downpayment = 0.00
Payment = 544.09

oftheseven said:
Just leased a white Bolt LT with DCFC, Comfort and Driver Confidence package:

MRSP: $39,295
Sale Price: $35,925
Incentive: $3500
36months
12,000 miles/yr
$1000 down (this was from insurance payment for my eGolf total loss).

$326/mo including taxes

Premier Chevrolet in Buena Park. Tried to match Rydell $4100 discount off MSRP but they wouldn't since Rydell doesn't have the cars in stock.

I would've waited until summer but needed a car now. At the end of the day, paying $10 more per month over my eGolf but my insurance did go up $140/year (Mercury).

This looks like a pretty good deal though not the best we've seen. They provided $3320 discount off MSRP. This is pretty good for a car with DCFC. The bigger discounts are generally on non-DCFC cars.

uncleGarage said:
Certainly not the best deal but I'm sharing a lease offer I received this week from my local Chevy dealer here in San Diego. On related note, my wife and I both work from home and we drive far less than the national average. Our cars are paid-in-full. It's proving very difficult to justify a car payment.

MSRP = 43,615.00
Price = 42,882.16
Rebate = 3500.00
Residual % = .59
Factor = .0010400
Term = 36 mo
Annual Mileage = 12K
Downpayment = 0.00
Payment = 544.09

Not a good deal. Only $735 discount from MSRP.

michael said:
uncleGarage said:

MSRP = 43,615.00
Price = 42,882.16
Rebate = 3500.00
Residual % = .59
Factor = .0010400
Term = 36 mo
Annual Mileage = 12K
Downpayment = 0.00
Payment = 544.09

Not a good deal. Only $735 discount from MSRP.

what amount off of MSRP would be considered a good deal in your view?

Many dealers are offering around $2500 right on their website, prior to any negotiation. A few dealers are offering around $3200 on a few specific cars. One poster here reported he got $4160 off MSRP and I independently confirmed that with the dealer.

Right on the Rydell web site, for example, several cars at $3200 off

Greenwood Chevy has one particular car at $3468 off. If that one were an Premier in a color I liked, I'd have grabbed it.

And these were just one's I found by accident, not with some search on discount. And remember these are their "ask". It may be possible to do better by bargaining, I don't know.

So somewhere in the low three's is OK, high threes is pretty good, and in the low fours has happened.

I have to say that if you live in San Diego you should just do the drive up to Rydell or somewhere else in the LA area. The San Diego dealers don't seem to want to compete, and driving a couple of hours is worth saving several thousand dollars. The awesome thing is that even if you buy a car without DCFC, the Bolt has the range to make it back down from LA.

Rydell Chevrolet seems to actually specialize in Bolts, at least currently. They have 122 listed on their site-- more than every other vehicle besides the Silverado. If you want a Bolt, that's probably the place to look. I still have a couple months left on another lease, but when the time comes that is probably where I will go.

You CAN get better deals than Rydell offers from other dealers, but it may take a lot of work and negotiation. They seem to be a pretty good deal without any hassle.

We just got a Cruze and a Volt from other dealers at prices Rydell wouldn't begin to match, but it took a while. I expect to get the Bolt elsewhere as well but will definitely give them a chance.

I'll keep that in mind. Maybe I'll try hitting up a couple of other dealers and see what they come up with.

Got mine July 6th at Hooman Chevrolet in Culver City:

Bolt Premiere (DCFC, Infotainment package, Driver Confidence II)
MSRP: $43,510
Capitalized cost: $38,667
Rebates: $5000 (includes $500 competitive lease rebate)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .0008
Residual: 59%
Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $0 (first month paid for by dealer)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $353

transmit said:
Got mine July 6th at Hooman Chevrolet in Culver City:

Bolt Premiere (DCFC, Infotainment package, Driver Confidence II)
MSRP: $43,510
Capitalized cost: $38,667
Rebates: $5000 (includes $500 competitive lease rebate)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .0008
Residual: 59%
Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $0 (first month paid for by dealer)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $353

Hi who was your sales?

Just picked up my new Bolt on Saturday, 08/05 from Penske Chevrolet in Cerritos. I’m in love with this car, haha!!

2017 Bolt Premier, Orange Burst, both packages, DCFC, LPO Black Bow Ties, LPO All-Weather Cargo Mat

MSRP: $44,230
36 months, 35 payments (first payment waived)
Zero down, zero drive off
15k/year
$360.28/month, tax included

Payment doesn’t reflect the $2,500 CA EV rebate or the SCE $450 EV rebate.

I’m very happy with the deal I got. This was the easiest car buying experience I’ve ever had. All done via email.

Tony Hardy was my salesperson. Great guy to work with.

I drove it straight to Exteme Autowerks in Cerritos for the tint job. Outstanding workmanship there, as always.

I was also working with Tricia at Premier Chevrolet, but Tony at Penske Chevrolet was able to come through with the interior color I was looking for. I normally wouldn’t have gone for the Black Bow Ties, but I have to admit that with the Orange Burst they look pretty sharp, haha!!

Another nice touch...the Bolt came with its white HOV stickers. Another $22 and weeks of waiting saved. :D

jf64k said:
Just picked up my new Bolt on Saturday, 08/05 from Penske Chevrolet in Cerritos. I’m in love with this car, haha!!

2017 Bolt Premier, Orange Burst, both packages, DCFC, LPO Black Bow Ties, LPO All-Weather Cargo Mat

MSRP: $44,230
36 months, 35 payments (first payment waived)
Zero down, zero drive off
15k/year
$360.28/month, tax included

Payment doesn’t reflect the $2,500 CA EV rebate or the SCE $450 EV rebate.

I’m very happy with the deal I got. This was the easiest car buying experience I’ve ever had. All done via email.

Tony Hardy was my salesperson. Great guy to work with.

I drove it straight to Exteme Autowerks in Cerritos for the tint job. Outstanding workmanship there, as always.

I was also working with Tricia at Premier Chevrolet, but Tony at Penske Chevrolet was able to come through with the interior color I was looking for. I normally wouldn’t have gone for the Black Bow Ties, but I have to admit that with the Orange Burst they look pretty sharp, haha!!

Another nice touch...the Bolt came with its white HOV stickers. Another $22 and weeks of waiting saved. :D

What was the selling price and money factor, if you don't mind?
Thanks!

Bolt EV LT with DC, Conv pkg, Drv Conf pkg

MSRP 39250
Sale price 32895
Rebate 5000 (inc. competitive lease rebate)
36m/10k
$0 drive-off (sign and drive!)
$259.96/month inc. LA county tax (35 payments)

Premier with both packages and dcfc. $43510 msrp

36 month 15k miles. Zero drive away. $360 including LA tax

Back