enviair

Re: Canadians - post your order details!

Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:52 am

I placed an order it from a dealer in the GTA just before Christmas and got an update that my Bolt is in the process of being built on June 29, 2017. But I am still waiting...The Last update was that the unit is not completely done the build at the plant... :|

ipassgas

Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Now beginning my 8th month of waiting for an order accepted January 4, 2017. Only 117 Bolts delivered in Canada in July compared to 1971 in the US. Thousands sit on dealership lots in the US and in Canada you cannot buy one for MSRP+. I could drive the car home from the factory on a single charge. Not very nice from a company that I bailed out with my tax dollars, but memories can be short. Unfortunate that GM decided not to take advantage of the goodwill and enthusiasm that was available before the Tesla 3. It is a confusing corporate plan for mere mortals.

ipassgas

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:53 am

From the Detroit News, April 9, 2015.
Ontario provided $3.6 billion in Canadian dollars to GM during the recession. The province received 58.4 million shares of GM stock as part of its support to GM. Ontario made $1.35 billion Canadian dollars on its sales of GM shares, which exceeded Ontario’s target of a $900 million gain, a spokeswoman confirmed. But the difference indicates a $2.25 billion loss.

SNC123

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:02 am

ipassgas wrote:Now beginning my 8th month of waiting for an order accepted January 4, 2017. Only 117 Bolts delivered in Canada in July compared to 1971 in the US. Thousands sit on dealership lots in the US and in Canada you cannot buy one for MSRP+. I could drive the car home from the factory on a single charge. Not very nice from a company that I bailed out with my tax dollars, but memories can be short. Unfortunate that GM decided not to take advantage of the goodwill and enthusiasm that was available before the Tesla 3. It is a confusing corporate plan for mere mortals.

At least your wait is almost over, mine began in June...I'm hoping for a January 2018 delivery. I agree with you though, GM's strategy for Bolt is beyond confusing.

OakvilleBoltOwner

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:54 pm

I placed my order at the end of January, contacted GM Canada online from 16 weeks onward, every two weeks got the answer "No build date yet, check back in two weeks", and today finally, got a build date, it's going to build next week. Any idea how many more weeks after you get the build date? I am in Oakville Ontario.

sputnik

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Mine's also being built next week! Just found out earlier this week. I had even checked on Monday and got "no update - check back in two weeks" but then my dealer contacted me next day saying its being built next week!

Based on what I see the closer you are to Toronto the faster you get it. I think I'm going to be waiting a month. :roll:

burlingtoncouple

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:27 am

Called GM today for an update and was advised that our Bolt was built on August 4th! The wait is coming to an end. Looks like the outstanding CDN orders are finally being processed.

electricbolt

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:26 pm

Put down a deposit for a Bolt premier. I'm not sure if I misunderstood but I think he told I would be able to get a 2017 by this year. Anyhow I told him I want a 2018 so I am first on the waiting list for 2018 and I should have from anywhere between January to April. Honestly I have never been more excited to get a car! I can't wait!

Spitfire

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:24 am

Hey guys - definitely looks like Canadian orders have been a priority this week. My Bolt was built on Monday this week and it's already made it thru QC according to my dealership. I suspect there will be quite the convoy of car carriers with Bolts crossing the border very, very shortly. :D
Chevy Bolt Premier Cajun Red - ordered
Land Rover LR3
Jaguar S-type

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”