Canadians - post your order details!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now 6 months out and no TPW. Very likely that I am part of the initial allotment for my dealer and I am just waiting my turn even thought my purchase dates back to January 4. The number of deliveries in Canada for June (169) is about 10% of the US numbers (1642) so it seems Canadians are getting our share. Likely will not be much longer to wait. Enthusiasm is down a bit so now I practice looking at my spouse and saying "Come on, don't exaggerate, the seats are not really that uncomfortable." It passes the time.

I went to the car show in Toronto in February specifically to check out the Bolt, I also got to test drive it. I met with a salesman from a dealer in Toronto who said the dealership has four Bolts allocated to it. I placed an order on February 22 for Bolt Premier with all trimmings, I was told the car would be procured by 12 to 16 weeks.After leaving a deposit I never heard from the dealership or the salesperson updating me or informing me as to status of the order. At the 12 week mark I started inquiring as to what is happening. I was given all kind of excuses but no car! I also started inquiring with GM, As yesterday there was no TPW for the order. I know the world is not perfect and that I am not the only person trying to purchase a car from GM ,but I started seeing red with the canned answers from the GM reps and the salesperson. So to make a long story short, Yesterday, I went to the dealer ship and cancelled the order. I am not willing to wait indefinitely even though I like the car. The Sales guy tried the line "you could be the next gut to get the car" , "you will lose your position in the line up" I was not buying any of that since the facts on the ground where different what he was saying. The treatment I got from GM and the dealership completely turned me off the car and they are not the only manufacturers there will be competition from others soon. I have learned quite a lot from this forum and was thinking of posting about my experience when I got the vehicle. Unfortunately, That is not going to happen anytime soon, I will keep reading the posts here to keep up-to-date with how GM and the dealerships in how they are dealing with the Bolt here in Canada.

Spoke with GM this morning and finally have a tentative build date of July 31st, after ordering the car on February 23rd! There may be light at the end of the tunnel for those of us that have been waiting in the dark for months.

What's the legalities of cancelling your order and getting your full deposit back?. I've been waiting since Feb and still no build date. I'm thinking of Leaf 2018 has a comparable range and no waiting, why would I continue to wait for a car not even built yet?

I ordered mine from a dealer in Waterloo, Ontario just before Christmas. I received it last week. So far: love it!!! I still don't understand why there is such a backlog for orders in Canada. I just read an article that Bolt EV inventories in the USA are bloated (more than 100 days inventory sitting on lots). The current GM business model is keeping cars out of the hands of willing buyers, and is instead oversupplying dealers with no customers. It's like they're trying to fail.

sputnik said:
What's the legalities of cancelling your order and getting your full deposit back?. I've been waiting since Feb and still no build date. I'm thinking of Leaf 2018 has a comparable range and no waiting, why would I continue to wait for a car not even built yet?

Just got mine and it's worth the wait. I almost bought a Leaf too, but after driving the Bolt EV for a week I am so glad I waited. Compared to the Leaf, the Bolt EV has a much longer range, is way faster, and it looks a lot slicker. I hope you receive your new EV soon.

sputnik said:

Another reason is the one pedal driving. It's worth the wait.

We actually already have a Leaf. I was referring to the 2018 coming in September. Longer range and also has one pedal driving. So if I could get a Leaf in the fall why would I wait for an unbuilt Bolt?

I placed an order it from a dealer in the GTA just before Christmas and got an update that my Bolt is in the process of being built on June 29, 2017. But I am still waiting...The Last update was that the unit is not completely done the build at the plant... :|

Now beginning my 8th month of waiting for an order accepted January 4, 2017. Only 117 Bolts delivered in Canada in July compared to 1971 in the US. Thousands sit on dealership lots in the US and in Canada you cannot buy one for MSRP+. I could drive the car home from the factory on a single charge. Not very nice from a company that I bailed out with my tax dollars, but memories can be short. Unfortunate that GM decided not to take advantage of the goodwill and enthusiasm that was available before the Tesla 3. It is a confusing corporate plan for mere mortals.

From the Detroit News, April 9, 2015.
Ontario provided $3.6 billion in Canadian dollars to GM during the recession. The province received 58.4 million shares of GM stock as part of its support to GM. Ontario made $1.35 billion Canadian dollars on its sales of GM shares, which exceeded Ontario’s target of a $900 million gain, a spokeswoman confirmed. But the difference indicates a $2.25 billion loss.

ipassgas said:
Now beginning my 8th month of waiting for an order accepted January 4, 2017. Only 117 Bolts delivered in Canada in July compared to 1971 in the US. Thousands sit on dealership lots in the US and in Canada you cannot buy one for MSRP+. I could drive the car home from the factory on a single charge. Not very nice from a company that I bailed out with my tax dollars, but memories can be short. Unfortunate that GM decided not to take advantage of the goodwill and enthusiasm that was available before the Tesla 3. It is a confusing corporate plan for mere mortals.

At least your wait is almost over, mine began in June...I'm hoping for a January 2018 delivery. I agree with you though, GM's strategy for Bolt is beyond confusing.

I placed my order at the end of January, contacted GM Canada online from 16 weeks onward, every two weeks got the answer "No build date yet, check back in two weeks", and today finally, got a build date, it's going to build next week. Any idea how many more weeks after you get the build date? I am in Oakville Ontario.

Mine's also being built next week! Just found out earlier this week. I had even checked on Monday and got "no update - check back in two weeks" but then my dealer contacted me next day saying its being built next week!

Based on what I see the closer you are to Toronto the faster you get it. I think I'm going to be waiting a month. :roll:

Called GM today for an update and was advised that our Bolt was built on August 4th! The wait is coming to an end. Looks like the outstanding CDN orders are finally being processed.

Put down a deposit for a Bolt premier. I'm not sure if I misunderstood but I think he told I would be able to get a 2017 by this year. Anyhow I told him I want a 2018 so I am first on the waiting list for 2018 and I should have from anywhere between January to April. Honestly I have never been more excited to get a car! I can't wait!

Hey guys - definitely looks like Canadian orders have been a priority this week. My Bolt was built on Monday this week and it's already made it thru QC according to my dealership. I suspect there will be quite the convoy of car carriers with Bolts crossing the border very, very shortly. :D

New to this forum. Just got my Orange Premier Bolt. Placed the order mid January at Roy Foss in Thornhill. Car was here by end of July. It took two weeks more as I was out of town. Two days in - love it. Have already found free Level 2 chargers close to home. In these ideal weather conditions (low 20s) - a range of 450-500 km looks possible. So far I have averaged less than 12 kW per 100 km. The seats are a bit tight - but they are not as bad as some people claim they are (I'm 6' 3'', 220).

Love the LCD screens. Only thing I don't like is the absence of Google maps on Apple carplay. Thinking of using an older Android phone, along with built in 4G.

Back