How Much I Paid for My Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt they brought up their documentation fee, title/registration fee either. All of which can vary significantly. Dealers can be pretty shady sometimes.

"Having" you sign? Are you perhaps a bit miffed at yourself for signing something under pressure, before you've thoroughly read the agreement? That's also a standard dealership practice. You're not the first. You won't be the last. Dealers are like that because it works. It's a form of torture.

DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT if you haven't read it..

{Edited because I was a total arsewipe in my first version. My apologies.}

Never, ever, EVER sign a contract you haven't read and understood. Walk away if you don't understand it. Buying a car, leasing a car, having a contractor redo your kitchen or bathroom, landscaping, it doesn't matter.

Never, ever, EVER sign a contract you haven't read and understood.

That is the take-away message. Sorry I was brutal earlier, but ... Never, ever, EVER sign a contract you haven't read and understood. Any problem because you didn't understand a contract is YOUR fault.

Any problem because you didn't understand a contract is YOUR fault.

This societal attitude is what feeds the semi-criminal and actually-criminal activity that is SOP for car dealerships and many other businesses. The guy you tore into complained about a cost that wasn't explained to him. The essence of what you wrote was correct, but the way you did it makes me respect you much less than someone who didn't study contract law before signing a first lease. I'm disappointed.

You are 100% entitled to your opinion. But I'm an old guy who has a bit of (painful life) experience, and anybody who signs a contract and later says (basically) "gee, I didn't understand what I was doing or saying", well, they got what they deserved. The world is not full of warm cuddly koala bears (BTW, koala bears are NOT cuddly).

I hope people understand they are responsible for their own actions and decisions. Including contracts. Enough said. (I didn't study contrat law. I just learned the hard way that what is written into a contract IS the contract. Hopefully others will benefit from my mistake.)

SparkE said:
Never, ever, EVER sign a contract you haven't read and understood. Walk away if you don't understand it. Buying a car, leasing a car, having a contractor redo your kitchen or bathroom, landscaping, it doesn't matter.

That is the take-away message. Sorry I was brutal earlier, but ... Never, ever, EVER sign a contract you haven't read and understood. Any problem because you didn't understand a contract is YOUR fault.

Sadly, this is very uncommon. When I bought my house, I poured through that paperwork with a fine-tooth comb. I had a great lawyer who helped me understand the legalese, but he told me flat-out that only about 1% of his clients actually read the contract. He told me "you must be an engineer" (he was right) because I did that. I did it because a house is the most expensive thing I will ever buy.

That said, a car is the second-most expensive thing I will ever buy. I agree 100% with your sentiment (even if your first post on this thread was unnecessarily harsh in tone). I agree that a major source of our society's problems come from lack of responsibility (and accountability in many cases). We should all encourage each other to learn from these situations, and to take more responsibility for our actions. Signing any contract is a legal commitment, and should never be taken lightly.

Longtime VW E-Golf owner here. Bought a Premiere last week at Quirk Chevy in Boston.

MSRP $43,510
Mass Green Discount -$6,000
Lease Conquest -$200
Additional rebate -$500
Tax incentives -$10,000

Total before sales tax $26,810

Think I got a pretty good deal! Very happy with the car. Put foam under the seats and much more comfortable.

Anyone know what sport mode does in a technical sense? I know it's fast, but interested in the technical details.

GetOffYourGas said:
SparkE said:

Sadly, this is very uncommon. When I bought my house, I poured through that paperwork with a fine-tooth comb. I had a great lawyer who helped me understand the legalese, but he told me flat-out that only about 1% of his clients actually read the contract. He told me "you must be an engineer" (he was right)
{...}

Funny, I am (was) an engineer (retired).

SparkE said:
You are 100% entitled to your opinion. But I'm an old guy who has a bit of (painful life) experience, and anybody who signs a contract and later says (basically) "gee, I didn't understand what I was doing or saying", well, they got what they deserved. The world is not full of warm cuddly koala bears (BTW, koala bears are NOT cuddly).

I hope people understand they are responsible for their own actions and decisions. Including contracts. Enough said. (I didn't study contrat law. I just learned the hard way that what is written into a contract IS the contract. Hopefully others will benefit from my mistake.)
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but when you respond the way you originally did then it's not helpful to the person it's directed to or for others on this forum. Here's someone who made a mistake and your first reaction is to rip him a new one. And you're a moderator? Posting hateful and abusive posts is forbidden according to the registration terms for this forum, maybe you should read that thoroughly again.

Not sure why it is but it seems like this forum has some users that prefer to rip someone a new one instead of offering constructive criticism. Isn't the point of this forum to be helpful rather than a total arsewipe, as you put it? Yes it's good to debate a topic but not blatantly offend someone for a mistake. I joined this forum so I can learn more about the Bolt and whether I want to have one as my next vehicle, not to see members, or worse yet moderators, call other members "morons" and then later modify their post to remove these comments. Your point was made, but please consider being more constructive next time so you don't turn members away.

BTW, koalas are not bears. Just a simple correction, no offensive comment intended.

No, koalas are not bears. But "koala bears" is rather common in American English, so I used that expression.

And, now, back to the "How Much I Paid for My Bolt" topic ...

{Edit: although I am curious as to why you re-joined the forum under a different login. Note that your first post using the new login was well after I edited out my "hateful post" so you wouldn't have seen it if you were truly a "new user", and your IP is/has been used by another poster.}

17boltev said:
Folks,

Thank you very much for posting your numbers ...they helped me immensely in negotiating my lease. I signed the following today:

Chevy Bolt LT
DCQC
Comfort + Convenience
Driver Safety 1
15K miles p.a
$0 down (incl tax, security, fees, lic, doc, other nonsense)
$284/mth w/tax

Done at Momentum Chevrolet, San Jose. --> ask for Peter Julius ...very smooth transaction and no pressure.

Optional: I got the lease wear & tear for $595 as I have seen enough number of dings and scratches on my Fit EV.

That looks like a good deal. Anyone else getting numbers like this?

so, 284 x 35 = 9940 - 2500 CA rebate = 7440 ( /36 = 207 per month )

rwill said:
Longtime VW E-Golf owner here. Bought a Premiere last week at Quirk Chevy in Boston.

MSRP $43,510
Mass Green Discount -$6,000
Lease Conquest -$200
Additional rebate -$500
Tax incentives -$10,000

Total before sales tax $26,810

Think I got a pretty good deal! Very happy with the car. Put foam under the seats and much more comfortable.

Anyone know what sport mode does in a technical sense? I know it's fast, but interested in the technical details.

All the sport mode really does is adjust the throttle response to provide more acceleration. It doesn't unlock any peak power to my knowledge. Curious how much over 150kW the engine can go above.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Disposition fee is standard. It's in every lease agreement.
Not true! Maybe now, but not then...

When I discovered this clause in my GM Financial lease on January 3rd, I calmly had a long discussion with my financial advisor at Keyes Chevrolet who then brought in the Sales Manager.

They well knew that it was NOT in my Ally lease on my previous 2013 Chevy Volt that I turned in September 2016.

I had placed a $500 deposit at this dealer in July, 2016 for the 2017 Bolt EV.

They later gave me a "term sheet" for a "fully loaded" Premiere that I would lease for 3 years at 15,000 miles per year. They ultimately admitted they knew this fee would be in the new lease, that I was unaware of it, that it was not in their term sheet and asked me if I was willing to "walk away" from the deal?

Of course, they would not let Ally Bank make an offer to lease my Bolt EV (I had previously discussed this possibility with Ally and they said they would love to lease the Bolt EV for me, but of course it was up to GM)! GM Financial was the monopoly provider of Bolt EV leases in January 2017!

We "settled" when I suggested we meet "half way" by their dropping the down payment price by $200 and my agreeing to the disposition fee in the GM lease!

Just leased a Bolt LT from Primer Chevrolet in Buena Park CA.

Bolt LT Arctic Blue
DCFC Quick Charge Package.
36/mo lease
12,000mi/year
Lease Insurance ~ (for it for $795 after an issue)
$2,000 down
$275/mo after TTL.

I also get the $2,500 rebate from the state.

Pretty solid deal I feel, love the car just looking for a solution with the drivers side seat being uncomfortable.

Re-posting from the 'Best deal in SoCal' thread:

Autonation Valencia (Santa Clarita Valley)

LT with DCFC
zero drive off (including 1st month payment)
$291/month
15k/yr

One of the easier/painless negotiations I've done. All via email. Kept waiting for the "Oh, that was only for that model which is sold" or something else, but never happened. Was exactly as promised. Probably could have gone back and forth some more to try and drop it, but was more than happy with the deal.

Loving this car. Coming from a Fiat 500e. Tripled my payment, but more then tripled my range!

Pretty solid deal I feel, love the car just looking for a solution with the drivers side seat being uncomfortable.

There is a fix for the seat bottom. The seat back remains an issue to be resolved.

ookiib said:
Re-posting from the 'Best deal in SoCal' thread:

Autonation Valencia (Santa Clarita Valley)

LT with DCFC
zero drive off (including 1st month payment)
$291/month
15k/yr

One of the easier/painless negotiations I've done. All via email. Kept waiting for the "Oh, that was only for that model which is sold" or something else, but never happened. Was exactly as promised. Probably could have gone back and forth some more to try and drop it, but was more than happy with the deal.

Loving this car. Coming from a Fiat 500e. Tripled my payment, but more then tripled my range!
So, 0 + 291 * 35 - 2,500 CA rebate = 10,185 - 2,500 = $7,685

Good lease deal.

Back