YMMV

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I leased my car last Friday and fully charged the car on Sunday. Since then, I drove 155 miles with 30kWh battery usage. This is mostly to work and from work - 7 miles @35mph and 3 miles @60mph with several stops one way. I use L mode all the time.

30u2xj9.jpg

sgt1372 said:
However, I am already hearing some disaffection and disappointment that the M3 may not be all that they thought it would be. So, it remains to be seen how many of the reservation holders will actually follow thru w/a purchase or lease.
Disappointment is almost always inevitable when anticipation is met by harsh reality. I remember having a bit of a feeling of letdown after my first chance to actually sit in a Bolt ("after all that it's still just a car!").

But the Bolt is still by far the closest thing to what I want to see in an electric vehicle and so I'm still on board to buy one. But I guess if I'm going to do that I'm going to have to take a leap of faith and order one without having the chance to do a decent test drive, since that seems to be an impossibility up here in Canada.

SeanNelson said:
But the Bolt is still by far the closest thing to what I want to see in an electric vehicle and so I'm still on board to buy one. But I guess if I'm going to do that I'm going to have to take a leap of faith and order one without having the chance to do a decent test drive, since that seems to be an impossibility up here in Canada.

Sean, no leap of faith is required. You're only a couple hours away from a test drive in the US.

oilerlord said:
SeanNelson said:
...I guess if I'm going to do that I'm going to have to take a leap of faith and order one without having the chance to do a decent test drive, since that seems to be an impossibility up here in Canada.
Sean, no leap of faith is required. You're only a couple hours away from a test drive in the US.
I dropped into the nearest Chevy dealer (in Bellingham WA) a couple of months ago and they were in the same situation we're in up here - a backlog of orders and nothing in the showroom. Perhaps it's better now and I should probably go back and check. But I feel a bit like I'm taking unfair advantage of the dealership if I take such a substantial test drive with no intention of buying it.

I wouldn't worry about that, and unless you're leasing - who knows...you could make a deal if the price makes sense, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility. Clearly, you are interested in the car, and are ready to buy it - so be up front with the salesperson about that, and you can sure as heck believe they will do everything they can to make the deal happen.

I've already seen a couple of used Premieres down south with under 10K miles at $30K. Chevy is an easy import. GM doesn't play the expensive "Canadian conversion" games that some other manufacturers do. With USD now over $0.81, the numbers may begin to work in your favor.

Back