How Much I Paid for My Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
opinpi said:
oftheseven said:
Just leased our 2nd Bolt (first one was in April):

MSRP: $39,295 - LT with driver confidence, comfort and DC fast charge.
Adjusted cap cost: $29,994 after all discounts, incentives, rebates
Residual: $22,791
$1,000 out of pocket
15K miles, 36 months

$241.27/mo before taxes
$259.97/mo. including taxes

Should get $450 from SCE not expecting the $2500 from CA rebate.

Where did you get this deal??...and why aren't you expecting the $2500 CA rebate? I know they ran out of $$, but won't you get it once CA puts more money in the pot?

Oh, can you list the incentives and discounts that you were able to get?

Thanks

Premier Chevrolet in Buena Park - ask for Tricia Wohler.
Incentives as listed on the paperwork:

GMF SPPT LSE PRG $1450
Chevy SLT Mkt ICMTL $3250
GM LSE Loyalty PRG $ 500
Bonus Cert $ 500

I got my Nightfall Gray Metallic Bolt yesterday. This is LT model with Comfort and Convenience and Driver Confidence packages and DC fast charger. I didn't put any money down or pay any taxes, fees upfront. I've just paid first month lease. I also got lease guard ($599) included. My monthly lease $380 (36/10k). Virginia sales tax was almost $1400. Ouch. I know that it's not as great deal as some are getting in CA but I'm happy.

I bought the car in Maryland and drove 250 miles to Roanoke, VA. Got home and I still had 40 miles left. Wow.

sgt1372 said:
Nothing down? And before receiving the $3k in CA/PGE rebates?

If so, that's a pretty incredible deal! That's about what I'm paying for my LT w/$2k down (after the $3k in rebates)

Sometimes it pays to be willing to wait. With the glut of inventory in CA before the car became available nationwide, I was able to leverage that into a great deal.

The financial piece of the transaction was pretty painless, though the delivery of the vehicle has been a bit of a pain in the ass. I do about 3-4 car buys a year and none have been as painful as this one.

Hi guys

I am not familiar with leasing cars - and I have tried to research as much as I can about leasing, but I am afraid I am still not confident about the lease mechanics.
I am interested in the Bolt Premier (standard color - no upcharge) that has the Infotainment & Driver Confidence 2 packages along with the DC Fast Charge option - MSRP $43,510.

The following lease prices is what I have managed to get:
Upfront = $2500 + $495 (documentation & registration fees)
10,000 miles / year = $241 + tax / month
12,000 miles / year = $262 + tax / month
15,000 miles / year = $285 + tax / month

Not sure if there is any additional acquisition or disposition fees.
What do you think of the above prices - should I be happy or negotiating it further?
Any other question that I should confirm from the dealer?
Or any other insurance / line item that I should add on or structure differently?

Thanks in advance (and apologies, that I just realized that this is a thread for discussing what you paid and not what offer you are getting).

AshMania said:
Hi guys

I am not familiar with leasing cars - and I have tried to research as much as I can about leasing, but I am afraid I am still not confident about the lease mechanics.
I am interested in the Bolt Premier (standard color - no upcharge) that has the Infotainment & Driver Confidence 2 packages along with the DC Fast Charge option - MSRP $43,510.

What do you think of the above prices - should I be happy or negotiating it further?
Or any other insurance / line item that I should add on or structure differently?

Thanks in advance (and apologies, that I just realized that this is a thread for discussing what you paid and not what offer you are getting).

I just did the exact vehicle -- those look like the Drive Green rates from Quirk in Braintree, MA?

Mine was $220/mo with $2500 down -- again, if in MA, PM me and I can point you to some dealers with quotes between yours and mine.

Eevee said:
AshMania said:
Hi guys

I just did the exact vehicle -- those look like the Drive Green rates from Quirk in Braintree, MA?

Mine was $220/mo with $2500 down -- again, if in MA, PM me and I can point you to some dealers with quotes between yours and mine.

Hi Eevee, welcome to the forum! I love the name (and the Pokemon to go with it!). My wife refers to her CMax Energi as "Eevee" (same reference). I think a Bolt is much more appropriate, but who am I to rock the boat?

GetOffYourGas said:
Hi Eevee, welcome to the forum! I love the name (and the Pokemon to go with it!). My wife refers to her CMax Energi as "Eevee" (same reference). I think a Bolt is much more appropriate, but who am I to rock the boat?

Thanks -- I was surprised to see that the handle was available (across several boards!)

Taking delivery this weekend. Boston dealers were pretty aggressive as we come to the end of the month/quarter/model year.

Eevee said:
GetOffYourGas said:

Thanks -- I was surprised to see that the handle was available (across several boards!)

Taking delivery this weekend. Boston dealers were pretty aggressive as we come to the end of the month/quarter/model year.

Is the 2018 Bolt coming soon? I haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping to maybe pick up a straggling 2017 in a few months if I can get the right deal on it. Part of me wants to wait until I can test drive the 2018 Leaf, but part of me knows that it has already disappointed (I really do need more than 150 miles of range). And the Model 3 is unattainable until long after the tax credits dry up. So this may be my only shot to get a deal on a leftover while also getting the credit.

Glad to hear you got a good deal on yours!

Just leased a Bolt LT Red Cajun color in the Bay Area yesterday.

Here are the specifics:

MSRP: $38640 - LT with DC Fast Charging and Red Color (no packages)
Adjusted Cap Cost: $30675 after all discounts, rebates etc
Residual: $23570
$1300 Out of pocket
10K miles, 36 months
Includes Wear Care from GM ($525 charge)
Includes Preferred employer discount. Did not have a previous lease though so no loyalty/competitive lease discount

$261.xx per month includes taxes (first payment waived)
Should get $2500 CA rebate (once it is approved again with additional funding) and $500 PGE check

adesai79 said:
Just leased a Bolt LT Red Cajun color in the Bay Area yesterday.

Here are the specifics:

MSRP: $38640 - LT with DC Fast Charging and Red Color (no packages)
Adjusted Cap Cost: $30675 after all discounts, rebates etc
Residual: $23570
$1300 Out of pocket
10K miles, 36 months
Includes Wear Care from GM ($525 charge)
Includes Preferred employer discount. Did not have a previous lease though so no loyalty/competitive lease discount

$261.xx per month includes taxes (first payment waived)
Should get $2500 CA rebate (once it is approved again with additional funding) and $500 PGE check

Calculating total cost of ownership for adesai79's car:

- Negative ($1,250) net down payment
  • Debits
    • - $1,300 down
      - $450 doc, registration, title, license, sticker (assumed)
  • Credits
    • - Expected CA rebate of $2,500
      - Expected PGE rebate of $500

- $261 monthly payment for 35 months, including tax

- $395 disposition fee (assumed)

- $595 acquisition fee (assumed)

Total cost of ownership: $8,875 for 3-year lease = around $3k per year

I too would like to buy a Bolt but compared to other $40,000 cars the leases being offered for a Bolt are a good deal for this car. There is a dealer locally offering $4,000 off the purchase of all Bolts. Buy a $40,000 Bolt (Minus the $4,000) with $5,000 down, finance $31,000 at 3.9% APR from GM plus sales tax and licensing, and you have a $600 (Guesstimate) a month payment for 60 months. Minus your state rebate (if you get one) and the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit (better read the rules on that before you count on getting it) you are paying a lot of money for a compact hatchback that a comparably equipped ICE version is around $25,000. Lease and you pay less down, half as much a month, and have a lot of 30,000 mile, under $20,000 used Bolts on the market when your lease expires if you like the car.

JerryBob said:
have a lot of 30,000 mile, under $20,000 used Bolts on the market when your lease expires if you like the car.

This is the wild card. I'm not against leasing, but I want to own a Bolt for 10+ years, and I don't want to have to look for a used on in 3 years from now. The way GM applies the tax credit on a lease, I am only guaranteed to get $2500 of it. The other $5000 is tacked onto the residual, meaning I have to negotiate for it at lease end. Buying out a lease for the residual is a bad deal, and GM knows it. They count on leasors moving into a new lease.

I built the Bolt that I want (Premier, Kinetic Blue, DC Fast Charging), and MSRP is $43k. I think if I could find one for $40k, I would bite. I know that's a lot off, and I've never had luck negotiating before. I'm kind of hoping that the 2018s show up soon, with some slight upgrades, and I can pick up a leftover 2017 from someone's lot.

Alright, they got me. I ended up getting a fully loaded Bolt Premier in Kinetic Blue for $42,250. This is a bit higher than my target, but it also includes $980 worth of options that I wasn't counting (infotainment and driver confidence II). Yes, I probably could have done better if I were a better negotiator.

This is before the $2k NYS point-of-sale rebate and the $7500 federal tax credit.

The silver lining is that I made up the difference on the trade-in. Without going into numbers, they offered me about $2,250 more than I thought I'd get on the car. This got me to the targeted $40k net. I'm not sure what the difference is to the dealer between a higher trade-in value and a lower purchase price. To me, it's the same thing (in NYS, we don't pay tax on the trade-in allowance).

So overall, I'm satisfied with the deal. I got the bottom line that I wanted, plus the extra two packages.

I listed my buying experience in the MA/New England thread, as it mostly concerns the Drive Green program, but here I'll post the financial details.

I actually didn't take the best deal I was offered, but I'll plead mitigating circumstances later.

The whole process took from Thursday morning to Friday evening.

So, started with Drive Green and as expected, Quirk was the offer to beat right from the start.

I was looking for a 3 year, 45 k lease on a LT with no color up charge and only the DCFC and Comfort packages.

Quirk didn't have any without the Confidence package but offered me this:

For the artic blue Bolt I have 1 left with DCFC, Comfort and Convenience package and confidence package. The vehicle with those 3 packages leases out for $173/month +tax with 10k miles. To go up to 15k miles it’s an additional $36/month which brings you to $209/ month + tax. In addition to the 2500 down there is $469 charge for registering and our Doc fee. If we leave that out it’s $13/month so $222+tax/month. With the tax included it brings your payment to $235/month with only 2500 down (which you get back 75 days later). They will also want your first months payment at signing so the contract will only show 35 payments remaining. With what you qualify for I can also give you in addition to that deal a free $700 Level 2 charger. (installation not included). Is there any other information I can get for you?

I shopped that around to Mirik who was the only other player seriously responding (I only negotiate by email), but here they stopped. They had come down as far as $266/month, same $2500 and first pmt at signing, but on my original ask of a car without the Confidence package. It's not a common build I guess. Only snag was, their car was in transit, on a train somewhere between Michigan and MA and I'd be paying more for a car with one less package, and starting a lease on a car I wouldn't see for maybe a week or more. I was hoping they'd offer me that car even cheaper than Quirk since it lacked one package and they didn't have the free EVSE promotion. Maybe throw in some accessories to compensate me for waiting for it. But they stopped replying, not a peep all day Friday.

So, looked like I'd be going to Braintree from west of Worcester on Saturday, but then, Cargill, in Putnam CT, whom I had written off as they offered $330/month with the same terms at signing, decided they could match Quirk after all. Their "transparency policy" they call it. They had no free EVSE promotion either, but I already have one, and I'd much rather deal so much closer to home. Plus they give unlimited free car washes, and free pick up and delivery for service while they drop you off a loaner. Their charge stations are always available too. A good dealership. Not the closest to me at 20 miles, but the one 3 miles away, Diamond, doesn't stock Bolts.

The deal wasn't exactly the same as they wanted to tack on a $500 extra "docs and reg" fee at signing, and I caved a little and told them cut that in half and we'll call it a day. So, got an arctic blue LT with all three packages, 3 years, 45 k, for $3000 at signing ($2500 of it I'll get back from MOR EV rebate) and 35 pmts of $257. The later because I also caved on a $99 fee for VIN glass etching on every window that I really should have balked at, and I also sprung for a GM warranty extension to cover me to 45k. I hate being off warranty.

So not the best deal, but good enough, pretty close to the $250 month I was expecting before I started. Much better than the $400 offers dealers were quoting me in February. Not too far off what I've been paying for the Leafs.

First day driving it was a blast.

Then, Saturday morning, I finally get a reply from Mirak, they'll match Quirk's numbers, and packages, and throw in rubber winter floor mats! Might have taken that deal if only it came 24 hours earlier. C'est la vie.

Finally reached the date that I could end my 2014 LEAF SV lease without penalty and did just that and swapped it for a Bolt LT

Bolt EV LT
36 month 12k mi/year lease
Kinetic Blue Metallic (Hooray, something other than black available for once!)
Driver Confidence I
Comfort and Convenience Package
DC Fast Charging
$0 down w/ only tag, title, registration, dealer fees upfront
First month's payment waived
$285/month after taxes ($202/month after $3000 MD rebate)

Blows my mind to think that I was paying the exact same monthly amount for the LEAF. Really happy to see progress being made in the EV market from a value perspective.

MSEBolt said:
Finally reached the date that I could end my 2014 LEAF SV lease without penalty and did just that and swapped it for a Bolt LT

Bolt EV LT
36 month 12k mi/year lease
Kinetic Blue Metallic (Hooray, something other than black available for once!)
Driver Confidence I
Comfort and Convenience Package
DC Fast Charging
$0 down w/ only tag, title, registration, dealer fees upfront
First month's payment waived
$285/month after taxes ($202/month after $3000 MD rebate)

Blows my mind to think that I was paying the exact same monthly amount for the LEAF. Really happy to see progress being made in the EV market from a value perspective.

Calculating total cost of ownership for MSEBolt's car (Bolt LT w/ all major packages):

- Negative ($2,550) net down payment
Debits
- $0 down
- $450 doc, registration, title, license, sticker (assumed)
Credits
- Expected MD rebate of $3,000

- $285 monthly payment for 35 months, including tax

- $395 disposition fee (assumed)

- $595 acquisition fee (assumed)

Total cost of ownership: $8,415 for 3-year lease = about $2,800 per year

DNAinaGoodWay said:
An addendum: this afternoon, nearly a week after I submitted the Drive Green program form, I got my first email response from Muzi, to say hello, please call us or come visit.

Yes, my experience also was that they were slow to respond about MA Drive Green, but I don't know why that is.

Back