After Market Seat Comfort options

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanlee

We should be getting our bolt in a few weeks, test drive was fine and we did not notice the seat being annoying. However since this is such a huge issue I expect this to crop up during longer drives that the test drive did not reveal.

What are the best and least obtrusive after market options to add comfort to the front seats?

I'm sure their are tons of seat cushions and other options but what have bolt users bought to fix the seat issues?

I will be leasing so I can;t really permanently modify the car,

If you find the bottom side bolsters to be too tight, you can add padding into the seat bottom to raise the middle part as described at http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6157 . This modification does not prevent use of the seat heaters (the added padding is below the existing padding and heater) and is fully reversible.

Its reversable, you can fine tune it to your liking, its invisible, and its probably cheaper than the random ugly seat covers you can buy.

Keep in mind that the issue is that the seat has high side bolsters, making the seat a deep U shape. When you wedge your less tapered butt into the seat, it creates pressure points on the sides. If you just take a seat pad from Amazon and put it over the seat it actually decreases the radius of that U, and you can be spending money to help nothing. What you want to do* is raise the flat bottom of the seat a bit and make it less of a deep U, so you can get some support on your tailbone, not just the outsides of your thighs.

If you remember the Seinfeld where George has such a thick wallet that he can't sit comfortably, its like that, except two wallets.

* - when I assert that this is what you want to do, I mean this is what man of us have found to be helpful - YMMD. In this case it's especially helpful that this technique lets you customize the effect to your liking.

Back