CarPlay song info not updating

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arfung

Hi. I am really enjoying the bolt infotainment system with iPhone.

One consistent problem I have is that the bolt song information does not update on either the driver side display or the main center display. It shows the first song that plays when the phone is connected - name of song and artist but that information does not update when the playlist advances to the second, third, etc. song.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I am using an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11

Arfung said:
Hi. I am really enjoying the bolt infotainment system with iPhone.

One consistent problem I have is that the bolt song information does not update on either the driver side display or the main center display. It shows the first song that plays when the phone is connected - name of song and artist but that information does not update when the playlist advances to the second, third, etc. song.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I am using an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11
Yes, I have the same problem with a 6S on iOS 11. If you want an updated list, you have to switch back to CarPlay instead of using the Infotainment-specific screen. It’s a weird bug...

I just used CarPlay in the Bolt with a different phone (iPhone X), and the song titles on the Bolt display (both behind steering wheel and on the central console) changed properly from song to song. So, I think my iPhone 7+ was misconfigured or somehow the connection between the Bolt and the 7+ was funky.

Back