Question: Your Top EV Info Resources

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChargePoint

When you were considering purchasing or leasing an EV (of any make/model), what resource did you find the most helpful for getting EV information?

You're on it right now. Even though these discussions sometimes devolve into protracted, seemingly useless arguments, for the most part the crowd sourced information available on any EV forum is irreplaceable. These are reports from everyday drivers, not salespeople.

Online owners and service manuals are also useful.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
You're on it right now. Even though these discussions sometimes devolve into protracted, seemingly useless arguments, for the most part the crowd sourced information available on any EV forum is irreplaceable. These are reports from everyday drivers, not salespeople.

Online owners and service manuals are also useful.

There's no doubt that MyChevyBolt is a fantastic resource! There's nothing better than first-hand experience.
I've heard that even some money budgeting blogs (with series on EV's) have been helpful for the initial research. :)

ChargePoint said:
When you were considering purchasing or leasing an EV (of any make/model), what resource did you find the most helpful for getting EV information?

I also relied heavily on forums to gauge owner satisfaction and dealer pricing.

Online info is the most comprehensive, whatever the format, even the OEM websites. Traditional advertising channels are useless. Wether it's OEMs on national TV, or local dealers on radio and in newspapers (which they're the main ad revenue it seems), it's extremely rare to see any mention of EVs.

Just used the Net to search for general articles, reviews and critiques of the Bolt.

Didn't read any user/owner forum comments because in Feb 2017 there wern't many Bolt user/owner comments to read.

One of the articles I read led me to the salesperson/dealer who put me into my Bolt when other Chevy sales people and dealers had no idea what was going in w/the car.

Back