I always get shocked when exiting and closing the door in the Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgs333

I've had my share of cars over the years but the Bolt is the first car where I get shocked nearly every single time I touch the door to close it after getting out of the car. This happened regardless of the weather, we've had 100 degree days as well as chillier (for the bay area) damp mornings as well. Is anyone else experiencing this?

My last car was a Leaf and I don't ever remember having this happen.

I have never been shocked by my Bolt. What kind of seats do you have? I have leather. Maybe the fabric is prone to creating static as you slide out of the car?

mgs333 said:
I've had my share of cars over the years but the Bolt is the first car where I get shocked nearly every single time I touch the door to close it after getting out of the car.
Perhaps you need to install an anti-static strap?

a214.jpg

I had an older version of a Camry with an electronic "passive restraint system" that operated the seat belt upon entry/exit. It glided up and down along the door frame. You wanna talk about static shock? *ZAP!* It could darn near stop a heart! When exiting, I learned to make a fist and tap something metal with a knuckle to neutralize the lightning bolt.

Back