myChevrolet app vehicle status does not update

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SmokingRubber said:
I figured out the pull-down-to-update motion quickly. It's the same update procedure for my email. I never knew about swiping left to delete something though, that's new (to me).
Yep, swipe-left-to-delete is standard except in those apps where you swipe right to delete.... :roll:

Swipe down to refresh has been part of iOS for as long as I can remember. Unless you are new to iPhones, it should have long ago moved away from the "unintuitive" category.

Mine has completly stopped working also.
Worked perfectly from the day I got it in February, until about Oct.19.

I wonder what happened?
This is ‘about’ the time I updated my apple iOS but not sure if it exactly coincides.

alienbogey said:
Mine has completely stopped updating.

When I pull to refresh (which I agree is a REALLY stupid, non-intuitive interface), it gives the spinning-whatever icon that says it's updating, then it stops and nothing changes.

My range has been stuck on 155 miles for a week or so regardless of state of charge, and it no longer will tell me where the car is parked.

Anyone else having the same problem? Any fixes or workarounds?

I find the range report and where-parked functions to be fairly useful, when they're working.

I called Chevy customer care.

They have a KNOWN ISSUE WITH THEIR SERVERS.

They however, do not have anyone working on the issue over the weekend. (Dumb for a company this large.). :x

They expect services to be rectified some time on Monday.

Without my asking anything of them, they turned my full OnStar services back on complementary for 3 months, as “compensation for my trouble”.

So yah, over-all I’m pretty satisfied with how they handled that.

-John

My app also has stopped getting vehicle status recently. Called customer support from within the app, and the representative asked me to uninstall and reinstall the app. That didn't help :{

Anyone able to fix this?

My app also has stopped getting vehicle status recently. Called customer support from within the app, and the representative asked me to uninstall and reinstall the app. That didn't help :(

Anyone able to fix this?

Mine did not work after delete app/reinstall either. But after I set up keypass again it worked - both when connecting via onstar or by Keypass. The onstar rep suggested this and he stayed with me on the phone throughout the procedure. He admitted that the onstar servers were down and only were fully back up yesterday. A bit of a hassle but I was pretty pleased with the assistance I got. FWIW: occasional similar occurrences with my Tesla app, too.

The app keeps telling me that my Bolt has “low range” (main screen) and is “out of energy” ( vehicle status screen). This is despite an actual full charge and an actual range of 275 miles.

This has happened three times in the past week or so, and the app will later report an accurate status, but when the myChevrolet app tells me that my Bolt is dead it doesnt inspire confidence in GM software technology.

I’ve sent screen shots off to GM’s OnStar tech support, I’ll post updates if I hear anything meaningful back, but I’m not holding my breath.

elpwr said:
Mine did not work after delete app/reinstall either. But after I set up keypass again it worked - both when connecting via onstar or by Keypass. The onstar rep suggested this and he stayed with me on the phone throughout the procedure. He admitted that the onstar servers were down and only were fully back up yesterday. A bit of a hassle but I was pretty pleased with the assistance I got. FWIW: occasional similar occurrences with my Tesla app, too.

I tried setting up keypass ... several times ... but it always searches for a while and then says it failed to find my vehicle.

Any of you saw this? Any suggestions for workarounds?

It was not working over the weekend, monday, or early tuseday. Mine starting working normally again late in the day tuesday.

I didn’t do anything. I just waited for Chevy to fix things on their end. Seems they worked it out.

I’m on the West Coast, if you are wondeing, incase problems are regional.

gpsman said:
It was not working over the weekend, monday, or early tuseday. Mine starting working normally again late in the day tuesday.

I didn’t do anything. I just waited for Chevy to fix things on their end. Seems they worked it out.

I’m on the West Coast, if you are wondeing, incase problems are regional.

Do you have Keypass set up?

Mine still is not working.

I'm having troubles too. Have not used the app for a while, and the EV Range and Charge Status have no info (just "--"). I pull down and it says it's updating but no stats appear. However, the key fob let me lock my doors remotely (at least, it said it was successful).

I could FINALLY get the app working for vehicle status. had to uninstall and re-install several times, set up keypass and bear thru at least a dozen crashes when trying to scan the QR code. But now it seems to be working.

OnStar support said this is a known issue on their side and they are working on fixing it, but no ETA.

scbolt said:
I could FINALLY get the app working for vehicle status. had to uninstall and re-install several times, set up keypass and bear thru at least a dozen crashes when trying to scan the QR code. But now it seems to be working.

OnStar support said this is a known issue on their side and they are working on fixing it, but no ETA.

I doubt that any of the actions you took fixed the issue, as the app sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t regardless of user deletes and reinstalls.

GM should take down this app until it’s fixed, it’s been unreliable and/or unresponsive off and on for a few weeks.

I’m glad GM at least acknowledges the issue, but they don’t seem to be in any hurry to fix it.

Yeah, only had my Bolt a few days, but it's been spotty for me..
I've never had any errors, but sometimes after the update finishes, it's just the same data..

This morning, I got up and checked to make sure my charge worked. Refreshed, and no change (no errors, just no change in the data).
Did that 2 more times, no change..
Went downstairs and into the garage to check the car..
Fully charged..

Drive to work, updated again. Worked this time... (i.e. showed new range that looks about right considering my drive in..)

I'm just assuming that the update from car to servers is what isn't happening, and phone to servers is because I'm not getting errors.

The Leaf App was buggy too, but it seemed to do a better job of letting me know that the error was car to server. Also, it included an update date/time, so I could tell if my last update was actually recent. :)

Hopefully it stabilizes over time..

desiv

I have issues too.
When it says CHARGING it gives a full charge time in about an hour.... ummm I am using 12amps outside plug 110v, No it is not going to be fully charged in 1 hour when it is 43% full :evil:

Wish they would just fix it or do a new update. I think I have version 3.9.0 ?

If you lock the car first from the app and THEN do the refresh for the battery/charging status, it works WAY faster.

i still have not been able to get the keypass to work but someone said it isn't worth it anyway

Dear Chevy App designer;
Please include a "LAST UPDATED DATE AND TIME" somewhere on the status banner.

It's annoying to not see how old the information is. The stupid refresh takes a LONG time and sometimes it doesn't work at all. If I knew the status information I'm seeing is only a couple minutes old, I would know whether or not I should update it.

AND, I keep getting notifications that I'm outside of recharge range or some nonsense even after fully charging the car. Fix it or remove it please.

The information on your screen was correct.

It did not actully say your car would be done in 1 hour.

It said your car will be done in 25 hours.
( one day plus 1 hour )

It up to you to be smart enough to know the difference. Like why do CAR clocks have AM and PM displays? Should be obvious.

Lin19687 said:
I have issues too.
When it says CHARGING it gives a full charge time in about an hour.... ummm I am using 12amps outside plug 110v, No it is not going to be fully charged in 1 hour when it is 43% full :evil:

If you lock the car first from the app and THEN do the refresh for the battery/charging status, it works WAY faster.

i still have not been able to get the keypass to work but someone said it isn't worth it anyway

Right now It SAYS : COMPLETE BY ... 6:30am. This was refreshed at 6 AM !! WHERE and HOW would I know that it is referring to the NEXT DAY ??? There is no DATE on it.

It always say that it will be done somewhere between 6-7 AM, no matter how full the battery is or what time it is.

The app is now stuck in the "in progress" for locking it as I stand in front of the car.

gpsman said:
The information on your screen was correct.

It did not actully say your car would be done in 1 hour.

It said your car will be done in 25 hours.
( one day plus 1 hour )

It up to you to be smart enough to know the difference. Like why do CAR clocks have AM and PM displays? Should be obvious.

Lin19687 said:
I have issues too.

Back