Recommended seat covers?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received this from Wet Okole....... 9-21-2017

John,

Yes we are, right now the seat templates are not ready yet. I will expect the Bolt seat covers
to be available in about 1-2 weeks.

Best Regards,

Manny Leyva
Wet Okole Hawaii Inc

;-)

CalTrend makes seat covers for the Bolt. Retail outlets are carid.com, AutoAnything.com and carcoverusa.com. I have not ordered anything yet.

Geoceff said:
CalTrend makes seat covers for the Bolt. Retail outlets are carid.com, AutoAnything.com and carcoverusa.com. I have not ordered anything yet.

I wouldn't order anything either - If they have custom seat covers, they could at least take photos of them in a Bolt rather than just the same picture photoshopped with all the different options.

We got these off Amazon. They are designed for carrying dogs, but I just wanted the leak proof feature. They fit fine and are comfy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KAFYNTE?psc=1

Any other updates?
Those ones on AMAZON are cheap. Ok for a temp cover but if I am going to temp cover them I will got oCostco and get the drylock wet suit covers. I have them on my i-MiEV and Prius C. Not a perfect fit for either and there is some puckering but it is waterproof and that is the main thing I wanted.

FYI, you can also make your own if you want. I did on my 2006 F-350. It was not the best job but worked well. Used clear fishing line to sew it together (while on the seat but not TO the seat). Got Very Heavy SOFT couch fabric from craft store. Not waterproof but very thick and I had spilled on them, cleaned it up immediately and it didn't go through.
Just had an old thick comforter for the back bench seat, cut holes for seat belts and tucked under. Worked great for kids/dog.

Just took them off after 12 years and it looked like Brand New seats !
I just washed them and will put on the Bolt for the time being if they will fit. Truck had bigger seats and the I was lazy to use one piece to cover headrest and seat in one ;)
BUT would like to have

Hi there! I Also have a Nightfall Gray Metallic Bolt (Premier). I am curious as to what color or pattern you went with. I am leaning toward the Purple Aloha.

Hi,

I just picked up my Bolt this week. So far I'm really loving the car. It's leased, so I thought I should get some seat covers for the front seats. But I was reading in the owner's manual that seat covers interfere with the heated seat function? Is this true? Can I use the heated seat with a seat cover? Thanks!

mwk said:
Hi,

I just picked up my Bolt this week. So far I'm really loving the car. It's leased, so I thought I should get some seat covers for the front seats. But I was reading in the owner's manual that seat covers interfere with the heated seat function? Is this true? Can I use the heated seat with a seat cover? Thanks!

My Bolt LT is leased too and the cloth on the driver's seat is starting to fray a bit. If I owned it, I would probably buy seat covers to prevent further wear but, unlike you, since it's leased, I don't think the expense would be justified.

I've owned Wet Okole seats before and they are pretty good but they wear too. They also are NOT cheap.

$259 for a basic pair for the front seats. You can also buy an optional heater for the seat backs for $68 more but you need a Y-connector to plug them into the single accessory plug jack.

You'd have to order the heated backs w/the covers b4 you find out if the seat will be warm enough or not w/the covers over them. However, the heated seat backs would be supplementary to the OEM seat heaters, in any event, since they heat different parts of the seats/body.

sgt1372 said:
mwk said:
Hi,

My Bolt LT is leased too and the cloth on the driver's seat is starting to fray a bit. If I owned it, I would probably buy seat covers to prevent further wear but, unlike you, since it's leased, I don't think the expense would be justified.

I've owned Wet Okole seats before and they are pretty good but they wear too. They also are NOT cheap.

$259 for a basic pair for the front seats. You can also buy an optional heater for the seat backs for $68 more but you need a Y-connector to plug them into the single accessory plug jack.

You'd have to order the heated backs w/the covers b4 you find out if the seat will be warm enough or not w/the covers over them. However, the heated seat backs would be supplementary to the OEM seat heaters, in any event, since they heat different parts of the seats/body.

The reason I want the covers is because of the lease. I do not want them charging me excess wear-and-tear charges on the car when I turn it in. So I thought it would be best to get seat covers and the WeatherTech floor trays

Why buy expensove ones when $29 ones fit great, look great, and feel great? You have to settle for black faux leather but I love mine. See the photos elsewhere. Black with Chevy emblem.

http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/download/file.php?id=152

mwk said:
sgt1372 said:
The reason I want the covers is because of the lease. I do not want them charging me excess wear-and-tear charges on the car when I turn it in. So I thought it would be best to get seat covers and the WeatherTech floor trays

FWIW, I don't think you'd wear out the seats in 3 yrs for that to be a worry.

Took 10 yrs of daily use in my FJ for those cloth seats to develop a hile and my 15 yr old MR2 seats are just fine.

But it's your car, your $ and your decision.

26786598099_d41b6c5ff6_c.jpg

My Wet Okole seat covers sure take away the worry about sitting in my
Bolt after kayaking!!

Remember that there are airbags INSIDE the seats in the Bolt. You need to make sure that whatever seat covers you get will allow the airbag to deploy.

A question for anyone who bought the Wet Okole rear seat covers, for an LT trim did you buy the 60/40 split or another type? I just purchased my new bolt and now I'm getting all the needed accessories.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Reviving this dead thread to see if anyone installed the Wet Okole covers. I may be picking up a Bolt LT this week, if I can find a seat cover with some extra padding to compensate for the thinner padding on the stock seats. If anyone has found a way to make the seats relatively more comfortable (since it is a subjective thing) with seat covers, would love to hear from you.

Back