Massachusetts / New England

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, the only (non-vain) advantage that the Model 3 has over the Bolt for me is the supercharging network. And that's something which will change over time. I'm still holding out hope that soon most highways in the northeast will be well-covered with CCS chargers. MA and NY are making progress. It's already good enough for me, and getting better all the time!

Now that you mention it, while SCs are cutting edge, they aren’t everywhere. CCS already has a usable distribution and getting better. But I would prefer multiple units per site. Happy enough for now though. I’m on the tail end of a 300 mile run from Worcester MA to Portland ME with a 1/2 hour on EVgo in Portland and a free ChargePoint QC in Lowell. By the time we’re done shopping here, traffic should clear a bit and we’ll have plenty to get home on.

DNA, The lowell CCS is on Error code . I was there yesterday :( I needed to charge AND grocery shop :)

Had to leave instead of shopping there.

Just an FYI

Tesla Superchargers are not so great either. most or far apart, as intended I think.
I do not know how fast they charge but there are none that are so close that I would drive to go to it.

Someone used the Lowell QC only an hour after you posted, also by a couple of Bolts yesterday, it’s on the ChargePoint app. Sometimes an error code can be cleared by pressing the emergency stop and resetting. Sometimes by recycling the power if that’s available. Sometimes by calling.

Tesla SCs are more than twice as powerful as ours, but yeah, widely spaced. Even their destination HPWCs are out of the way at resorts and hotels.

Ah, I noticed that later in the day after i posted but was not at home.
I hot the reset button but read somewhere that maybe you need to turn the button after it is pressed.
When i was there I didn't have time to call, which I should have done.

Hope your trip was great :)
Are you Annie and Jerry ?? I see your posts all over PS, nice to see people use it.

Looks like someone 41 min ago posted an error too.

I wonder if someone is trying to use it and it is faulting (like a tesla)
I met a nice guy in a Tesla one day he was waiting and looking at the charger. That was just after the big storm so Electric was out in Tewksbury I think. He didn't even have the connector that would work with the Chademo. He showed me it and was upset. I said he could use the 99 Resturant 1/2 mile down the road and use that adapter but not a DC one. He was a little upset. Obviously didn't plan ahead... like giant snow storm I would fully charge before it hit to make sure I had juice when I needed it.

Anne and Jerry’s. A play on Ben and Jerry’s. Yeah, we’re all over the place.

We’ve had to reset many a unit over the years. Some are easier than others. We play with them, flip all the switches and press and release all the buttons and sometimes the thing resets or reboots and it works again. Sometimes not.

Turning an E stop button to the right resets it. If the unit has a regular stop button, holding that for a few seconds will reboot some machines. If a main power disconnect is visible, flipping that off and on often helps too. Calling is a last resort. Sometimes they’re just too broken and need a repair person. Best to not wait until the battery is critically low to find a charger.

Back