Blind Spot Warning Problem

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalfsBolt

My Blind Spot Warning is acting funny recently. It often lights up although there is no car in the blind spot. This happens intermittent on both sides. The start coincides with the arrival of winter temperatures here in New York.
Is this a known issue?
Is there a fix?

I've noticed the same thing. Sometimes it turns on without a car present. Other times it doesn't turn on when there is a car. I've only had the car for about 6 weeks, though, so I can't tell you if it's the temperature, the presence of road salt, or simply time that caused the issues.

I've been experiencing the same issues with my blind spot warning lights. I've had my bolt since april and have just started experiencing the intermittent problems with the lights turning on for no reason.

I'm wondering if it might be related to the accumulation of dirt from the salt that might be blocking the sensors/cameras. I will bring my car in for a cleaning to see if it clears the issue up.

Has anyone gotten around to troubleshoot the issue? What detects the blind spot objects on the Bolt?

Oh, come on guys - read the manual! From page 229:
LCA may not always alert the driver to vehicles in the next lane over, especially in wet conditions or when driving on sharp curves. The system does not need to be serviced. The system may light up due to guardrails, signs, trees, shrubs, and other non-moving objects. This is normal system operation; the vehicle does not need service.

LCA may not operate when the LCA sensors in the left or right corners of the rear bumper are covered with mud, dirt, snow, ice, or slush, or in heavy rainstorms.

Thank you, SeanNelson, for telling me the page. The manual also states that the system might need maintenance if it misses cars in the blind spot.
Like genetik's, my blind spot warning worked fine for 6 months before it started having issues. I checked my rear bumper and found the round covers where I assume the sensors are housed. They are undamaged and clean.

I too have been dealing with this problem but after troubleshooting it's a simple fix. If your car is clean around the back bumper where the sensor is located then consider the following.

in my case After switching over to My winter tire set up my SBZA light would come on and off randomly, sometime staying on constantly. Resolution was to add additional reflective tape and foam to the inside bumper and around the back side of the sensor. This removes the Radar/ sensor signals that seem to be bouncing back around the wheel well area causing the false indications. Write up here in the other forum.

http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/178-2017-chevy-bolt-ev-issues-problems/16922-blind-spot-indicator-not-working-properly.html

My problem is that the warning light comes on for cars that are so far behind me that there's no way they're in a blind spot, or in the way if I want to change lanes. I only bought the car 2 weeks ago and already I'm ignoring the light because it's meaningless!

Sorry to bump this but it is a Reflective tape that comes loos inside the wheel/trunk area.
There is a TSB on it and if you bring it in they will replace it.
I had that and the pass mirror replaced for this

Back