How Much I Paid for My Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came back from the closest dealer and I asked several times and they said there would not be a disposition fee unless I return it early. There is also no mention of acquisition fee. Is that right?

snowang said:
Just came back from the closest dealer and I asked several times and they said there would not be a disposition fee unless I return it early. There is also no mention of acquisition fee. Is that right?

Disposition fee is most likely $395. If they say there is no disposition fee, they probably mean, "there is no disposition fee as long as you renew your lease with GM."

Acquisition fee is most likely $595. It might be folded into the monthly payments, but it is still $595 sitting there somewhere.

I pulled the trigger.

MSRP: $44310 (Kinetic blue, driver II, info, and $405 worth of extra options)
Dealer discount $4000
Selling price: $40310
Dealer applied $5850 total rebates, including $4350 from the leasing company in place of federal tax rebate
Adjusted capitalized cost: $38,570
36 month 12k miles/year
Rolled $500 XC protection plan into the lease
0 down
Total of 36 payments of $395.69

After the $3k MD tax rebate and $700 costco cash, I should come out about $293/mo.

The color is so pretty!!!

Drove my new LT w/ DCFC home last night. Lease was $2500 down, $193/month, (plus state tax) for 36 months, 12k miles / year (Quirk). Here in MA we can also take advantage of a state "drive green" rebate program (even if leased) for $2500 back. So far I'm thrilled with the car. For those in the Eastern MA/Boston area shopping for a Bolt (or any electric for that matter) start your shopping here - the website stacks up local purchase and lease offers from dealers, and pricing is updated regularly: https://www.massenergywebservices.com/drivegreen/table-all.php

BTW, for those just starting out their shopping, if it isn't evident by now, some dealers are practically clueless about this car and it's features, and the ones that are selling a ton of these, clearly have experienced sales staff & know the car inside & out. I started with a dealer not listed on the drive green website, and after some poking & prodding I found out that they had not sold 1 Bolt yet (only had 3 on their lot) and they didn't know very much about the car. I thought it would be an opportunity to strike a good deal (to sell their FIRST Bolt), but they couldn't even come close to the (very) competitive pricing I ended up going with at another dealer (the BEST lease offer I got from the "clueless" dealer on a LT w DCFC this week was $4500 down, $239/mo for 10k miles/yr).

Hi All - I'm in CT. I took delivery of a Bolt Premier yesterday, from Cargill Chevy in Putnam. It has DCFC, Driver Confidence package, and the Infotainment package. My lease terms are 36 months and 15K miles/year. I signed over the state $3K rebate to the dealer, but otherwise had no money out of pocket. Lastly, the first payment was waived. My monthly lease is $346 plus tax, for 35 payments.

Thanks for everyone sharing here! I was able to negotiate a better price with your help.

I wish I'd seen this forum before I leased my new Bolt... now I just feel bad :-/

Vehicle: Bolt Premier (Cajun Red, w DC Fast Charging, Driver Confidence II, Infotainment Package).
MSRP was $43,905
Trade in value was $7,000 (KBB value, which I was happy with).
Discount off of MSRP ~$1,600
Rebates & Credits were $4,633
12k miles / year
Monthly payment of $260 + Tax.

It seems like much better deals are possible. I think I could have probably negotiated a better rebate and especially a bigger discount off of MSRP. It was my first time ever leasing a car. I'll know better next time. Still, I absolutely love the car.

We bought our Bolt from Sport Chevrolet on Black Friday. They're located in Silver Spring, MD.

Our Bolt is an LT, Nightfall Gray Metallic, has DCFC, Driver Confidence 1 and Comfort packages.
MSRP = $38,420
We paid $32,000 before destination, taxes, etc.
Rebates and tax credits will come to $10,500 ($7500 federal, $3000 Maryland)
Final price = $21,500

Plus, since it was Black Friday, they were handing out 50" UHD TVs. It wouldn't go into the Spark, but just managed to fit into the Bolt with a couple inches to spare.

Leased a Bolt Premier with DCFC, Infotainment, and Driver Confidence in Orange County, CA

Monthly Payment: $379/month
15k miles
$0 down
$0 drive-off
36 months

MSRP: $43,510
Incentives: $3,770
Adjusted Cap Cost: $35,350
Residual: 57%
MF: .00088

Doesn't include $700 Costco card, $2500 California Clean Air Rebate, and $450 Socal Edison Rebate.

In and out of the dealer in 1 hour.

Looks like a similar deal that I'm getting in Northern California. What I don't get is the "incentives" piece. It sure seems to me that Chevy is basically giving us 1/2 of the Federal tax credit of $7500 and keeping half for themselves. Why isn't there a bigger price reduction because of the Federal Tax Credit that the leasing company gets?

Sperling3 said:
Looks like a similar deal that I'm getting in Northern California. What I don't get is the "incentives" piece. It sure seems to me that Chevy is basically giving us 1/2 of the Federal tax credit of $7500 and keeping half for themselves. Why isn't there a bigger price reduction because of the Federal Tax Credit that the leasing company gets?

I was asking about this as well and apparently GM doesn't get the full tax credit. Edmunds has a forum where people can tell you the current MF and residual on any lease at any given month I'm not exactly sure how much they end up getting or why it's only partial. But yeah I was pretty confused and miffed about that as well.

Chargeit said:
We bought our Bolt from Sport Chevrolet on Black Friday. They're located in Silver Spring, MD.

Our Bolt is an LT, Nightfall Gray Metallic, has DCFC, Driver Confidence 1 and Comfort packages.
MSRP = $38,420
We paid $32,000 before destination, taxes, etc.
Rebates and tax credits will come to $10,500 ($7500 federal, $3000 Maryland)
Final price = $21,500

Plus, since it was Black Friday, they were handing out 50" UHD TVs. It wouldn't go into the Spark, but just managed to fit into the Bolt with a couple inches to spare.

That's a great price! No trade-in or anything?

I paid $36,000 for mine before taxes & fees
MSRP $39890 (including destination) - Kinetic Blue LT, DCFC, Driver Confidence I, Comfort & Convenience, all-weather floor mats, and wheel locks (I couldn't care less about the wheel locks!)
$9500 rebates and tax credits ($7500 fed, $2000 NYS)

No trade in. My wife's old car is actually worthless. :D

BUT, we were there for six hours. The dealership was very busy (Black Friday) and our salesman was juggling two other buyers. We did test drive a few cars (a Volt and two Bolts) and took a lunch break in the middle. It was still a pain.

I suspect the low price had more to do with the 2018s coming out and they had about 12 Bolts on the lot. And the slime factor was noticeably lower than with the two nearby Ourisman dealers. I did get into it with the finance manager, the last step where they can screw you. There's just nothing pretty about buying a car.

Chargeit said:

No trade in. My wife's old car is actually worthless. :D

BUT, we were there for six hours. The dealership was very busy (Black Friday) and our salesman was juggling two other buyers. We did test drive a few cars (a Volt and two Bolts) and took a lunch break in the middle. It was still a pain.

I suspect the low price had more to do with the 2018s coming out and they had about 12 Bolts on the lot. And the slime factor was noticeably lower than with the two nearby Ourisman dealers. I did get into it with the finance manager, the last step where they can screw you. There's just nothing pretty about buying a car.

Sorry to hear about the experience. That's why I try to conduct absolutely everything via email. When it's time to show up at the dealership, all I want to do is inspect the car, sign the paperwork and be out of there.

I was in and out in under an hour.

I was in and out in under an hour.

I hear it. When we bought the Spark EV a couple years ago I was so sick of the local dealers I called one 60 miles away. Not only did the salesman beat the Truecar price, which the locals wouldn't touch, he volunteered to deliver the car the next day. Signed the papers on the kitchen table and it's been a great car ever since.

No trade in. My wife's old car is actually worthless.

Speaking of trade ins: most of you probably already know this, but never tell a dealer before negotiating that you have a trade in. If the car isn't worth much, then you will be giving it to them for free, because they will subtly adjust the deal to make sure that you don't get the value of the car in the deal. If the car is worth more, they will try to give you as little value as you can for your trade. The best way to do it is to say "No, no trade in" and then, when you have a firm offer, say "Just for the heck of it, how much for my car?" An honest dealer (a near contradiction in terms these days) will give you the actual trade in value, while a crooked one with either pass on it or start in on a song and dance to renegotiate the deal from scratch.

For your reference:

Just leased a Bolt LT from Stewart in Colma in San Francisco Bay Area.

Bolt LT, 12k miles / year, 36 months

MSRP: $37,495
Rebates and noncash credits: $3,428
Amount to be paid in cash: $6,807 (due at signing)
CA Rebate: $2,500
Costco gift card: $700
Monthly payment including tax: $157
No loyalty conquest (no additional rebate)

Total cost = $6,807 + 157 * 35 - $2,500 - $700 = $9,102
True monthly cost = $9,102 / 36 = $253

mosrock said:
For your reference:

Just leased a Bolt LT in San Francisco Bay Area.

Bolt LT, 12k miles / year, 36 months

MSRP: $37,495
Rebates and noncash credits: $3,428
Amount to be paid in cash: $6,807 (due at signing)
CA Rebate: $2,500
Costco gift card: $700
Monthly payment including tax: $157
No loyalty conquest (no additional rebate)

Total cost = $6,807 + 157 * 35 - $2,500 - $700 = $9,102
True monthly cost = $9,102 / 36 = $253

May I ask which dealership did you go with? Also, any disposition fee? Thanks!

just in case someone reading this thread has not found this link , reposting

A weekly updated tracking of lease deals on EVs, nice bargaining tool...

http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2016/07/current-lease-offers-for-selected-evs.html

Back