rocstar

Re: How Much I Paid for My Bolt

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:43 am

Chargeit wrote:We bought our Bolt from Sport Chevrolet on Black Friday. They're located in Silver Spring, MD.

Our Bolt is an LT, Nightfall Gray Metallic, has DCFC, Driver Confidence 1 and Comfort packages.
MSRP = $38,420
We paid $32,000 before destination, taxes, etc.
Rebates and tax credits will come to $10,500 ($7500 federal, $3000 Maryland)
Final price = $21,500

Plus, since it was Black Friday, they were handing out 50" UHD TVs. It wouldn't go into the Spark, but just managed to fit into the Bolt with a couple inches to spare.

That's a great price! No trade-in or anything?

I paid $36,000 for mine before taxes & fees
MSRP $39890 (including destination) - Kinetic Blue LT, DCFC, Driver Confidence I, Comfort & Convenience, all-weather floor mats, and wheel locks (I couldn't care less about the wheel locks!)
$9500 rebates and tax credits ($7500 fed, $2000 NYS)

Chargeit

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:49 pm

No trade in. My wife's old car is actually worthless. :D

BUT, we were there for six hours. The dealership was very busy (Black Friday) and our salesman was juggling two other buyers. We did test drive a few cars (a Volt and two Bolts) and took a lunch break in the middle. It was still a pain.

I suspect the low price had more to do with the 2018s coming out and they had about 12 Bolts on the lot. And the slime factor was noticeably lower than with the two nearby Ourisman dealers. I did get into it with the finance manager, the last step where they can screw you. There's just nothing pretty about buying a car.
2) 2015 Spark EVs and 1) 2017 Bolt EV!

Jons

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:29 am

Chargeit wrote:

No trade in. My wife's old car is actually worthless. :D

BUT, we were there for six hours. The dealership was very busy (Black Friday) and our salesman was juggling two other buyers. We did test drive a few cars (a Volt and two Bolts) and took a lunch break in the middle. It was still a pain.

I suspect the low price had more to do with the 2018s coming out and they had about 12 Bolts on the lot. And the slime factor was noticeably lower than with the two nearby Ourisman dealers. I did get into it with the finance manager, the last step where they can screw you. There's just nothing pretty about buying a car.

Sorry to hear about the experience. That's why I try to conduct absolutely everything via email. When it's time to show up at the dealership, all I want to do is inspect the car, sign the paperwork and be out of there.

I was in and out in under an hour.

Chargeit

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:19 am

I was in and out in under an hour.

I hear it. When we bought the Spark EV a couple years ago I was so sick of the local dealers I called one 60 miles away. Not only did the salesman beat the Truecar price, which the locals wouldn't touch, he volunteered to deliver the car the next day. Signed the papers on the kitchen table and it's been a great car ever since.
2) 2015 Spark EVs and 1) 2017 Bolt EV!

LeftieBiker

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:57 am

No trade in. My wife's old car is actually worthless.

Speaking of trade ins: most of you probably already know this, but never tell a dealer before negotiating that you have a trade in. If the car isn't worth much, then you will be giving it to them for free, because they will subtly adjust the deal to make sure that you don't get the value of the car in the deal. If the car is worth more, they will try to give you as little value as you can for your trade. The best way to do it is to say "No, no trade in" and then, when you have a firm offer, say "Just for the heck of it, how much for my car?" An honest dealer (a near contradiction in terms these days) will give you the actual trade in value, while a crooked one with either pass on it or start in on a song and dance to renegotiate the deal from scratch.

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”