desiv

Re: MyChevrolet app notifications not working

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:32 am

And follow up..
Much better..

If I unplug the EVSE from the wall, I get an e-mail or text!!!

I didn't try unplugging the J1772 first, as I lock it in general and the alarm is set.
That said, I will try that later.

As for charging notifications when it is done at home, we'll see tomorrow.
If I get one, yay!!
If not, I'll turn off hilltop and see the day after...

Closer..
Now, I just have to see which notification type I prefer. I think I generally prefer text, as it is usually quicker, but I get 2 notifications for unplugging it.. So.. Hmmm.. ;-)

Progress!!!

desiv

winterescape

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:18 pm

desiv wrote:And follow up..
Much better..

If I unplug the EVSE from the wall, I get an e-mail or text!!!

I didn't try unplugging the J1772 first, as I lock it in general and the alarm is set.
That said, I will try that later.

As for charging notifications when it is done at home, we'll see tomorrow.
If I get one, yay!!
If not, I'll turn off hilltop and see the day after...

Closer..
Now, I just have to see which notification type I prefer. I think I generally prefer text, as it is usually quicker, but I get 2 notifications for unplugging it.. So.. Hmmm.. ;-)

Progress!!!

desiv

Glad that you are making progress! In my experience you only get the "unplugged" notification if charge is interrupted. IE if you get the txt that it has "completed charging" and then you unplug it, no second text.

desiv

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:18 pm

winterescape wrote:Glad that you are making progress! In my experience you only get the "unplugged" notification if charge is interrupted. IE if you get the txt that it has "completed charging" and then you unplug it, no second text.

Well, no "completed charging" message this morning.
My car did have a "Fully Charged" message on the console this morning, so even with Hilltop Mode enabled, the car thinks it was fully charged (for Hilltop), which makes sense.

But no messages... <sigh>

Not sure it's worth calling back tho..

I will disable Hilltop tonight and see if I get a message tomorrow. Would be weird, but...
(After that, I'll probably disable the "charge completed" notification in the app. Save it. Then re-enable it and save it again. Just to see if something is stuck.)

At least I will know if someone unplugs me..

desiv

DesertSprings

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:25 pm

For what it is worth, I'm using a Samsung S7 and the phone identified the MyChevrolet app as a power hog (more than 3% per hour) and automatically shuts it down to keep it from running in the background unless I manually whitelist it.

gpsman

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:31 am

desiv wrote:
But 2 things he said intrigued me..

1: The "Charge Complete" notification only happens when the charge is really complete, and by that I mean, if you have Hilltop set, apparently you won't get notified that your Hilltop charge is complete, because that is not full.. Hmmm..
2: The requirements for "Charge Interrupted" involved the alarm going off. So if I didn't have the alarm go off, I wouldn't get a message about interruption?? I haven't tested this, but that means that if someone unplugs me from the wall outlet, and not from the car (and that doesn't trigger the alarm.. ???), then I wouldn't be notified that the charge was interrupted?

Luckily for me, I had forgotten to unlock the car before I headed out for lunch when I unplugged, and the alarm went off...
But still no notification... So I still met the requirements..

desiv

I’m pretty sure number 1 is not true. I have not utilized hilltop reserve in a long time, but when I did back in march or april I remember it notified me when done. Or, the converse, I would have been upset and remembered NOT being notified. That didn’t happen.

Number 2 is FOR SURE not true. I work in an office just a few feet away from my car. I can both see it and hear it. I get the “charge intereupted” message when the circuit breaker tripped one time, no car alarm, and when the voltage dips for an instant when a 1000 horsepower electric motor starts next door. Again, no car alarm.

In fact, I get the “charge interrupted” message EVERY SINGLE TIME I stop charging. Even when I am the one unplughing the car, with the remote keyfob in my pocket. Now that you mention it, maybe I don’t if I unlock the car first. It is hit or miss if I unlock the car first or unplug first. I do either probably 50/50 so never saw the pattern, but you may be right on that.

I get notified when I unplug the car first or the wall plug first. It does not matter. (You are supposed to unplug the car first.). I get a txt message within 30 seconds every time.

I have AT&T and an iPhone 7plus.

gpsman

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:38 am

Some people in another thread have stated they wish they knew how old the data was on the myChevy App. When it was last updated. It tells you. On the iPhone version, at least. See photos.

8F636CD2-3BED-421C-9957-E580BC29E283.jpeg
8F636CD2-3BED-421C-9957-E580BC29E283.jpeg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 64 times
Attachments
1A2D1DE6-AD30-4C00-9576-A984F4270D07.jpeg
1A2D1DE6-AD30-4C00-9576-A984F4270D07.jpeg (26.07 KiB) Viewed 64 times

desiv

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:23 pm

gpsman wrote:I’m pretty sure number 1 is not true. I have not utilized hilltop reserve in a long time, but when I did back in march or april I remember it notified me when done. Or, the converse, I would have been upset and remembered NOT being notified. That didn’t happen.

I've heard from several people that it should work with HillTop mode enabled.
I still am not getting "Charge Complete" messages, but I haven't yet turned off HillTop to test that... I keep forgetting. ;-)
I did turn off notifications for "Charge Complete" messages. Saved it. Re-enable it. Saved it..
That didn't kick free any "Charge Complete" messages.

gpsman wrote:Number 2 is FOR SURE not true. I work in an office just a few feet away from my car. I can both see it and hear it. I get the “charge intereupted” message when the circuit breaker tripped one time, no car alarm, and when the voltage dips for an instant when a 1000 horsepower electric motor starts next door. Again, no car alarm.

Yeah, now that I am getting some of those messages, I can see they were wrong on that one..

gpsman wrote:I have AT&T and an iPhone 7plus.

Yeah, I see you have the "Edit Charge Limit" option, and I don't see that. Wonder if that is iPhone/Android app feature parity.. ;-)

desiv

Return to “Ask Chevrolet”