Next Problem not Charging on 220 after repairs

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collimare

The next problem after the repairs were made in my last thread "Towed To Dealer after 2 weeks 351 miles".

When I picked up my Bolt the service adviser said it had been charging all night and I did not notice (I know) till I pulled out of the dealership that it only had 15 miles of charge. So I turned around and went back in. We hooked it back up to the 220 charger and it looked like it was charging. He said the wash boy must not have plugged it in all the way. So I headed back to the office and plugged it into the 110 charger and by the time I left for home it had charged up to 25 miles. Getting home I put it on the 220 charger and after nearly 5 hours it shows 24 miles. The charger is showing charging with no errors. The display is showing "Charging" & "Charge Complete By 10:45" (that is in 5 minutes) and the charge light is blinking 4 times with a pause.

I just went back out the charger is off and opening the door it shows 24 miles "Fully Charged" and the charge light is now solid green.

What the heck is going on now??

I knew I should have left it for a full charge to be put on at the dealer... Should have just taken the loan back to the office and came back later.

Collimare said:
I just went back out the charger is off and opening the door it shows 24 miles "Fully Charged" and the charge light is now solid green.
When you turn the car on, do all of the bars on the left side light up to show that the battery is full? I suppose it's technically possible that the battery really is full and some peculiarity of the service they did left the range estimate really wonky. Assuming that the battery gauge shows full, the only way to know for sure would be to go out and actually drive it a bit to see if it looks like the battery really will go down to zero in 24 miles.

The battery indicator appeared to match the 25 mile rage as I drove it. I took it back to the dealer on Saturday. Same thing on their 220 charger. 28 miles full and the charger shut off. I have no idea what is going on. Left the car and am back in the Volt loaner.

winterescape said:
how far did you drive it to get to the dealer, how many bars remained, and what was the remaining distance to empty?

I drove about 5 miles. Went to the office first and then the dealer. It showed full and went down about 5 bars and was at the 1/4 hash mark showing 19 miles.

Collimare said:
winterescape said:
how far did you drive it to get to the dealer, how many bars remained, and what was the remaining distance to empty?

I drove about 5 miles. Went to the office first and then the dealer. It showed full and went down about 5 bars and was at the 1/4 hash mark showing 19 miles.
It almost sounds like they misaligned the decimal position... :eek:

SeanNelson said:
Collimare said:
winterescape said:

It almost sounds like they misaligned the decimal position... :eek:

Since it went from "full" (all bars", then dropped 5 bars, then ended up at "1/4 hash mark") - it sounds like something is really wrong.

Just picked the Bolt back up from the dealer. The dealer drove it 30 miles anticipating that it would reset the learn module, which it did not. They contacted GM and GM indicated that the brand new HPCM2 module the dealer had to install to fix the "found it dead & had to tow" problem had to be updated, re-flashed, and relearned. It now shows full charge "MAX 263".

Collimare said:
...GM indicated that the brand new HPCM2 module the dealer had to install to fix the "found it dead & had to tow" problem had to be updated, re-flashed, and relearned. It now shows full charge "MAX 263".
Great news, let's hope that the last of the gremlins!

Back