How Much I Paid for My Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leased 2 Bolts. Got Loyalty discount for the Premiere.

Premiere + every option - $1k out of pocket, $317/mo including tax, before $2500 CA Rebate. MSRP was circa $43900
LT w/ Driver Convenience/Condifence - $1k out of pocket, $267/mo including tax, before $2500 CA Rebate.

Plus 2 Costco cash cards totaling $1400

arcangely2k said:

Premiere + every option - $1k out of pocket, $317/mo including tax, before $2500 CA Rebate. MSRP was circa $43900
LT w/ Driver Convenience/Condifence - $1k out of pocket, $267/mo including tax, before $2500 CA Rebate.

I am interested in knowing more about the Costco Auto Program. Were you able to negotiate and agree on the price before you show up at the dealership? What was your buying experience like with Costco? Thanks in advance!

arcangely2k said:

Can you share where you got this deal? (And the name of the advisor preferably as well?). Thanks!

Arktctr said:
arcangely2k said:

Can you share where you got this deal? (And the name of the advisor preferably as well?). Thanks!

Same. What can you share?

I live in Connecticut and the lowest lease price I could get was $350/month. Traveled to Quirk Chevrolet in Braintree, Massachusetts and scored a much better deal. $250 per month (excluding taxes) for a fully loaded Premier including the DC fast charger. ZERO down, 15,000 miles/year. Paid for my own front and back seat mats, dealer threw in the cargo mat for the trunk. Nightfall grey with galvanized grey interior and black bow ties. Looks so sharp and I think I got an outstanding deal.

Hi,

I’m located in the Bay Area and a local dealer is offering me:
2017 Bolt LT in red
DCFC
$3k down (before state rebate)
$360/month after tax
15k mi per year

Is this a good deal or should I keep looking?

BoltShopper said:
I'm considering a Bolt and came across a great website that lists Bolt and other EV lease deals. It's mostly California, but has a smattering of deals from other states. It's updated weekly.

http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2016/07/current-lease-offers-for-selected-evs.html?m=1

$3k down (before state rebate) , $360/month

3000 + (360x12) = 15960 *minimum* (there may be other acquisition costs). Dividing total by 36 gives : $443/mo (total cost divided by 36 months)

I am ignoring the state rebate (because you get that from anybody - DO NOT let the dealer keep it without taking that into account in the total cost to you - because you are giving up 2500 or 1500) as well as ignoring the federal tax credit (since you don't get that - the lease company does).

Looking at the linked chart of lease deals (link above) :

Boardwalk Chevrolet is offering a 2017 Bolt (10K miles) for a total cost of 290.69/mo. ($0.35/mi additional)

Fremont Chevrolet is offering a 2017 Bolt (10K miles) for a total cost of 322.61/mo. ($0.39/mi additional)

Dublin Chevrolet is offering a 2017 Bolt (10K miles) for a total cost of 339.14/mo. ($0.41/mi additional)

So, it depends on how much you really think you will be driving. And I don't know if the deals listed are for an LT w/ DCFC.

If you go to Boardwalk Chevy, and you can get that deal (probably depends on your credit) AND you drive exactly 15K miles for 3 years, the lease would cost (290+146=435/mo). Cheaper than what you are quoting. If you end up driving 12K miles/yr, it would end up costing (290+58=348/mo). The $$/mo is the TOTAL cost (taking down payment into account).

The Boardwalk deal listed says "$0 down", but if that is really "we keep the $2500 state rebate", then the calculation changes.

Bolted said:
Hi,

I’m located in the Bay Area and a local dealer is offering me:
2017 Bolt LT in red
DCFC
$3k down (before state rebate)
$360/month after tax
15k mi per year

Is this a good deal or should I keep looking?

I'd keep looking for a better deal. If it was a 2018, then possibly.
The deals in SoCal are about $332/mo @ 10,000 mi/year, zero down on a $39,405 MSRP. Or $273/mo with $2000 down.

The deals were better last fall. Got my LT, w/ driver convenience package, DCFC, $1,000 down, $260/mo @ 15k miles year.

Picked up a 2017 Premier w/DCFC and the two major options at Dublin Chevrolet yesterday.
36 mo. lease @15k miles/year
$2,000 out the door
$399/mo. including tax.

Seth was my salesperson.

2018 Black LT
Convenience Package
Drivers Package
Fast Charge

MSRP= $39,295

Discount=$3,545
Rebates=$4,000

$429.25 tax on cap reduction
$532 DMV
$0 Doc Fee

$2,500 down

$2,500 Rebate from California

15,000 Miles per year

$317 per month

Great dealership. My neighbor bought the car Saturday.

Lt. Blue Premiere with DC Fast Charging. Various discounts for $37,500.00!!!!!! WOW, couldn't believe it. Best car buying experience for her and for us even though we didn't buy a car!

She is very happy.

Met a few great folks at a local EV meetup and was given the referral from some great Bolt owners.

Amazing.

Salesman: Jed Lindorff
General Manager: Phil Stillman

Just got mine in NorCal, $0 drive-off (includes taxes or fees) / $270 before tax / 10k miles on 2018 LT in orange. The sticker price is $38705, residual is 60%/$23223. There is $395 disposition fee at the lease-end but I think it's the same for everyone. I'll get $2500 CA and $500 PG&E rebates. Considering all costs include taxes, I am at $215.73 a month.

I did pay the optional $500 (tax included) for service contract so I don't need to worry about wear and tear at the lease end. I have a Spark EV lease due soon and I learned that I'll have to pay for new tires and other wear and tear items. Bolt lease will save me another $395 disposition fee when I return Spark.

The deal can be slightly better if color is black/white/silver, there is $400 difference on sticker for orange, red and blue.

I have both GM supplier and Asian carmaker owner discounts, but I think they will give them to anyone if you negotiate hard enough.

orangebolt said:
Just got mine in NorCal, $0 drive-off (includes taxes or fees) / $270 before tax / 10k miles on 2018 LT in orange. The sticker price is $38705, residual is 60%/$23223. There is $395 disposition fee at the lease-end but I think it's the same for everyone. I'll get $2500 CA and $500 PG&E rebates. Considering all costs include taxes, I am at $215.73 a month.

I did pay the optional $500 (tax included) for service contract so I don't need to worry about wear and tear at the lease end. I have a Spark EV lease due soon and I learned that I'll have to pay for new tires and other wear and tear items. Bolt lease will save me another $395 disposition fee when I return Spark.

The deal can be slightly better if color is black/white/silver, there is $400 difference on sticker for orange, red and blue.

I have both GM supplier and Asian carmaker owner discounts, but I think they will give them to anyone if you negotiate hard enough.

WHERE exactly did you get that deal - that sounds way too good to be true!! 2017 or 2018?

This site: https://ev-vin.blogspot.com/?m=0 has the best deal in North Calif at Fremont Chevrolet ($331/mo total cost averaged over the lifetime, before rebates) and Dailey Chevrolet ($340, total).

The best deal is usually done in person. Momentum Chevrolet, Peter Julius is my sales guy. 2018 LT in orange.

SparkE said:
orangebolt said:

WHERE exactly did you get that deal - that sounds way too good to be true!! 2017 or 2018?

This site: https://ev-vin.blogspot.com/?m=0 has the best deal in North Calif at Fremont Chevrolet ($331/mo total cost averaged over the lifetime, before rebates) and Dailey Chevrolet ($340, total).

I did pay the optional $500 (tax included) for service contract so I don't need to worry about wear and tear at the lease end.

Are you 100% sure that this is insurance against excess wear and tear? because both the phrase "service contract" and the price suggest a "maintenance contract" that is something else entirely, and a waste of money for an EV...

It covers up to $5000 (by Allstates) to whatever need to be fixed in the lease end inspection report. My Spark EV needs new tires and some interior wear are determined to be excessive. I was lucky that no big dents were reported. I won’t know how Bolt tires perform after 3 years but they are more expensive Michelin tires.

Of course I won’t know if $500 is wasted until lease end, I simply apply my Spark EV experience here. They didn’t push me but simply quote me $595 + Tax in the beginning. After understanding what it is, I bargained it down to $500 total. It’s 100% optional.

LeftieBiker said:
I did pay the optional $500 (tax included) for service contract so I don't need to worry about wear and tear at the lease end.

Are you 100% sure that this is insurance against excess wear and tear? because both the phrase "service contract" and the price suggest a "maintenance contract" that is something else entirely, and a waste of money for an EV...

Thanks :) I actually think it could go a bit lower. It only took my sales guy couple quick trips to "manager's office" and they took my offer. If anyone on this forum wants to lease a LT in NorCal, try to offer something lower and see what happens.

LeftieBiker said:
Good deal, then. People usually get charged $1000 or more for wear & tear insurance.

In San Jose, lease TOTAL for about $5500. (2000 + 100 x 35)

Is this possible?

https://u5080173.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=vh9lyFdXNdtD4GLMrKHUISdUKfiBuXu155yz5RLPvD7nadm09wCK9fxLC7td96HiV-2Fw2KGlGgQvN9Uzv5ShmYa96nivJPxJjSi0gzSUtLO2zYNmzORyIJQbFFWXMZ-2FhRTgla-2BusfmXsWV8QOTvgV2w-3D-3D_5y5pmInufAifPLpoH5jJo0nTtbeJ2Qmz51-2FR9qwMgScvs1IFv-2Frf5EK-2FctK1pF-2B6SeJalSPPRt1SRmlJ6WRnFwo3ho3mgFDrp39VGfG3NQ9V30L0pUjzOMWDAMlLUUEWQ1XRBQLjCcwe9P5KZacjykh-2BoOcTWsaZOe65Ufy01U9Ytx7waekNN6jfnU4hsjEBbgzUot3F0RHm26qooIuZHL2hrHhMG7rni9OXz7Cfa8ybGdJAtDs8FNcKCqPZF7tt9UOva9t7KO7BQnirsh4geqc6EQ0O0-2Ff1MoRkpkBuyohG3aSqdszEKT48mFiHA6JQjMfStT6X7NkRgxbtw9wGGbZr-2FZP15Ef-2BF5cn-2FvCn7ktQcyJoId2A5xKxMNrh53ilk4LdsX3JQLHfO10HZ2DNCQ-3D-3D

anyone got deals close to this? $5500 seems amazing. Is 6000 to 7500 possible? (before any CA rebates)

Back