2018 Bolt info from GM

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if this is a typo or not, but article says : " $37,495 with DFC ", which is a change from 2017. Of course, it later says "An available DC Fast Charging system".

I really wish companies would get people who know what they are talking about to write (or at least review) press releases and web sites (ElectraMeccanica is god-awful in that respect: spewing out nonsense {or just wrong info} and then getting mad when they get called on it).

How is bullet number one different from the 2017 model?

I have an LT trim with comfort and convenience package and that comes with a heated steering wheel, that can be set up as automatic in the Central display so that it turns on on preheat mode.

flamaest said:

I have an LT trim with comfort and convenience package and that comes with a heated steering wheel, that can be set up as automatic in the Central display so that it turns on on preheat mode.

What page in the manual can that adjustment be found.

JimFallstonMd said:
flamaest said:

What page in the manual can that adjustment be found.

You should download the PDF version of the Bolt manual - it makes it real easy to search.

"heated steering wheel" only reveals how to turn it on (on the steering wheel).

Page 105 (how to toggle it on)

HOWEVER, there is a description of how to have heated seats auto-enable when using Remote Start :

Page 145 Remote Start Auto Heat Seats

JimFallstonMd said:
I have the manual but saw no reference to making the heated steering wheel come on automatically. And I have looked again and it is not there.
I believe this is a feature that's been added to the 2018 model year.

I know that it is new on the 2018 but Sparke is saying that it can be set in the menu on 2017's for pre-conditioning and I can't find any reference in the manual.

JimFallstonMd said:
I know that it is new on the 2018 but Sparke is saying that it can be set in the menu on 2017's for pre-conditioning and I can't find any reference in the manual.
No, his post referred to the heated seats. I can confirm that the 2017 manual does mention how to enable the heated seats during preconditioning and that my 2017 does indeed turn them on when I precondition it.

JimFallstonMd said:
I have the manual but saw no reference to making the heated steering wheel come on automatically. And I have looked again and it is not there.

It would have been useful that you mention that you have the PDF version - I wouldn't have spent the time searching for the info for you. (I didn't find it either)

Well, drat. I thought my heated steering wheel automatically worked when I set my car into preconditioning mode. I guess it does not. Sorry for all the confusion.

In any case, the more I think about it, my heated steering wheel becomes warm enough in about 20 to 25 seconds. I'm not entirely convinced that setting this to Auto would fix or solve anything.

Back