Update Bolt Firmware. Not recommended.

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArthurL

Guy saw an online article and got lucky...or not.

https://electrek.co/2018/01/12/update-chevy-bolt-ev-firmware/

GernBlanston said:
Update Bolt Firmware. RECOMMENDED!
Did it to mine this weekend.
Worked as advertised.
No problem.

Following the details from electrek, I got the same successful outcome also.
Straight forward, no issues.

Yeah, did mine too - So far no Spectre or Meltdown bugs :lol: and my Waze is now full screen in Android Auto! Keypass is still trash... but that might be my phone.

Not me. I’m usually a first adopter but Ive bricked an Apple TV and an iPhone in my past life so I’ve sworn off work around, hacks and unauthorized changes to software. Don’t even use torrent for movies anymore! You get old you use lessons learned. Get more cautious. Getting old sucks.

ArthurL said:
Not me. I’m usually a first adopter but Ive bricked an Apple TV and an iPhone in my past life so I’ve sworn off work around, hacks and unauthorized changes to software. Don’t even use torrent for movies anymore! You get old you use lessons learned. Get more cautious. Getting old sucks.
I am old. Nice to be able to do it myself and not have to depend on the goofy local
Chevy dealer OR drive to the fab dealership I bought the car from.

I suspect it would indeed void your warranty should anything happen.
But I suspect nothing will. :) A lot of us have done this with zero problems.

Stefan1991 said:
I decided to go to the dealer for this update. But so far they are terrible.
First I called them last week to ask whether I needed an appointment for a firmware update of my Bolt. They told me to it was first come first serve on Saturday. But when I got there Saturday morning they told me I needed an appointment since there was no technician that could do electrical cars.
So made an appointment for 7am this morning. But when I got there again, the technician was not there and got told he had a doctor's appointment and to come back at 1pm.

I hope they will be able to do it today at 1pm, if not I'll plug in my own USB and do the update myself.

I have noticed the same thing at my Chevrolet dealer. You can't simply come in for anything, you have to set up an appointment. Just because I have a bolt, the dealer cannot even give me an appointment unless it's at least two weeks out. I have abandoned the idea of going to the dealer for anything unless it's an absolute warranty issue. It seems like GM is not really supporting this car like their other top sellers. I guess that was to be expected somewhat.

Back