New winter wheel/tire kit installed no TPMS warnings!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collimare

I just installed the complete TireRack.com winter wheel, tire, TPMS, black steel stems and black lug nuts mounted and balanced kit that was delivered to the office today. I have yet to get a TPMS warning after making several trips in the Bolt. Nothing! If I scroll down it shows 37PSI in all 4 tires. What gives? I expected the warning alert, but it appears to read correctly. I bought the more expensive re-learn tool they said would work with the Bolt but do I need to use it if there are no errors and it shows correctly?

Collimare said:
I just installed the complete TireRack.com winter wheel, tire, TPMS, black steel stems and black lug nuts mounted and balanced kit that was delivered to the office today. I have yet to get a TPMS warning after making several trips in the Bolt. Nothing! If I scroll down it shows 37PSI in all 4 tires. What gives? I expected the warning alert, but it appears to read correctly. I bought the more expensive re-learn tool they said would work with the Bolt but do I need to use it if there are no errors and it shows correctly?
That sounds a bit bizarre. If it happened to me I'd let some air out of the tires, measure the new pressure with a manual gauge, and then check the TPMS display in the car to be sure that it was actually reporting the real pressure from those new tires.

Well the bad news:

The alert finally showed up this afternoon. Tried the rest of the day to get the TPMS wheel sensors to set. With a lot of effort in between I finally took it over to the dealer I bought it from and I know them well. Two techs used two different trigger boxes on each of the wheels nothing!! Nothing!!!

At this point I am waiting to hear back from TireRack.com to see what they are going to do about it. I think I will just drop them off tomorrow at the Denver distribution center for a full refund and just buy the Nokians to go on the original wheels. Too much effort and wasted time on this already.

Very disappointed!!

Collimare said:
Two techs used two different trigger boxes on each of the wheels nothing!! Nothing!!!
I suspect that TireRack installed generic TPMS sensors and either (a) forgot to program them for use with GM vehicles, or (b) misprogrammed them to work with something other than a GM vehicle.

Did you tell them what car the tires were to be used on when you placed the order?

Ordered the full Winter Tire Package, TPMS, Steel Valve Stems, Mounted and Balanced. Super good looking package. Swaped them out and tried to use the new upgraded TPMS trigger tool that came with them. It did not work.

Contacted customer service and was sent an email with a host of instructions for trouble shooting and installing updated software on the trigger tool. Still did not work.

Contacted customer service was told to take it to a dealer to have them do it. Still did not work.

Contacted customer service was told to take it back to the dealer to have the sensors analyzed. I did they were good and still not recognized by the Bolt.

Contacted customer service was told to return the sensors for refund.

I complained who is paying to have the wrong sensors removed, new sensors installed, re-balanced etc..

It made me so mad that I returned the complete order to the local Denver distribution center for a full refund.

The correct response should have been: Please let us set up an appointment at one of our local installers to have them take care of this issue for you.

I must have spent at least 6 hours of my time chasing down all their requirements to only have them tell me to return the sensors for refund.

Under no circumstances would I ever buy from them again.

Back