Outside Temperature on Dash Display

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drfoto

For over a decade all my cars have had an exterior temperature displayed somewhere on a display.
Have I missed it thus far or did Chevy miss including this feature?

SeanNelson said:
JimFallstonMd said:
It's right there on the big screen to the left of the time. :shock:
...as long as the screen isn't projecting Android Auto or Apple Carplay.

This is one of my annoyances with the car. I wish they would put it on the dash, in front of the driver, so I can see it without having to switch off CarPlay.

I found it after driving a bit more. I agree with the suggestion of a driver centered position on the dash. One shouldn't have to look that far to take a glance.

I just wish Android Auto could simply mirror the phone.

https://www.amazon.com/TOOGOO-Ultra-thin-Digital-Dashboard-Calendar/dp/B073VKDZ6J/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512154800&sr=8-2&keywords=digital+clock+adhesive

This would have helped me find the outside temperature reading while using Android Auto:

to do this, you have to toggle out of Android Auto my pressing the Home button on the center console (next to the volume knob). This gives you the home screen, which shows the outside temperature in the upper right.

It would be nice if pressing the Home button again toggled you back into Android Auto, but the only way I've found to get back to the Android interface is to use one of the screen buttons that has all the various input choices (the screen button that has 4 different color dots in it).

kharrang said:
It would be nice if pressing the Home button again toggled you back into Android Auto, but the only way I've found to get back to the Android interface is to use one of the screen buttons that has all the various input choices (the screen button that has 4 different color dots in it).
Press and hold the "Home" button for a few seconds and it will take you back into Android Auto.

...except that since the 14.4.2 software update I've noticed that if you're on the "Energy" screen the "Home" button doesn't seem to respond. I have to press the "Home" softkey on the screen itself to get it off the Energy Screen, and then the "Home" button starts working again.

I find that the display of the outside temp. on the upper right hand corner to be perfect. How many times do you have to reference it, anyway? I usually just glance at it when I start a trip. When I arrive back home, I check it to see if the temp. is 90 degrees or over to determine if I need to plug in.

Back