Hatch won't latch

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kofther

Came out of the supermarket this morning, placed my groceries in the back and closed the hatch. The hatch would not stay closed/latched. At first I though I may have blocked the latch with the back but that was not the case. I fiddled with locking, unlocking the car but it would not stay shut. I decided to drive home and fiddle with it there. The dashed warning that the hatch was not closed was on the entire way home. About half way home the locks in the car unlocked/locked twice. When I got home I was able to latch the hatch.

Any one else see this?

FOB was in my shirt pocket. I've had the car over a year and this is the first time I've experienced this issue.

kofther said:
Came out of the supermarket this morning, placed my groceries in the back and closed the hatch. The hatch would not stay closed/latched.
There are a couple of rubber bumper stops on the hatch that can be adjusted in or out by screwing them clockwise or counterclockwise. It sounds like you might need to tweak yours a bit.

I'll check the bumpers but because the locks reset themselves after a few miles of driving I suspect it is not mechanical but software. It hasn't happened again. Thanks.

Back