gpsman

Re: Hello from ChargePoint!

Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:43 am

The previous post is just plain dumb.
Useless to anyone out of pre-school or kindergarten.
Oh, I’m sorry. Was that meant to be for the kindergarten age group?

Come on ChargePoint. I expect more from you.

“Most charging between 10pm and 5am occurs at home. Most charging after 9am occurs at work.”

Really. No $hit. Thanks for posting that.

ChargePoint

$5 ChargePoint Credit

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:37 am

The world’s leading EV charging network and leading mobile wallet have teamed up to make EV charging even easier: add Apple Pay to your ChargePoint account and get $5 in charging credit.

Use Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch to pay within the ChargePoint app.

ChargePoint

ChargePoint DC Fast Update!

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:56 am

Many of you saw the news about the ChargePoint Express Plus (delivering up to 400 kW per port) on InsideEV or CleanTechnica.

https://insideevs.com/chargepoint-expre ... -charging/
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/01/18/un ... us-family/

I'm happy to share that we have a quick update regarding DCFC!

We haven't released very much information publicly yet, however, I'm able to share a just a few details that might help to answer questions you've all asked us here in the past! :)

We are actively engineering all of our I-5 sites, including the necessary site and utility design work. This is a key part of getting stations installed that are reliable and accessible to all EV drivers.

We expect all ChargePoint stations on I-5 to be active by October 2018!

ChargePoint will be installing chargers in more than 70+ sites in California this year. There will be a mix of chargers at each site, for example, 1 or 2 DC Fast Chargers & 1 Level 2 AC chargers, including the ChargePoint Express 200, Express 250, Express Plus, and the CT4000. You can find details on these stations here (http://bit.ly/2vVa8lL). In total, we will be installing 100+ DC Fast charging stations and 70+ Level 2 chargers.

The major funding source is CEC grants with additional funds contributed by ChargePoint and the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District. The stations are also part of the West Coast Electric Highway Initiative (http://bit.ly/2HQ4p4e) which involves participation from multiple state agencies.

That's it for now, though as always, we'll share more with the community when we have new updates or more details available!

seattlite

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:36 pm

Any discounts/credits for folks that purchased a Chargepoint Home Charger? I just completed my first charge from the unit...pretty cool stats/graphs. Great situational awareness on how much kWh and subsequent cost one is putting in the vehicle....awesome home EVSE!

mwk

Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi.

So you do know that there is an EAST COAST in the United States, in addition to California, right? People here in New England would also like to travel along our interstates, secure in our knowledge that we can recharge our cars. Right now, if I want to drive to NYC from Boston, there is exactly ONE Charge Point charging station in back of a motel, off of I-95, not really walking distance to anything. When are you planning to put maybe one or two more locations on line?

ChargePoint

Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:47 pm

seattlite wrote:Any discounts/credits for folks that purchased a Chargepoint Home Charger? I just completed my first charge from the unit...pretty cool stats/graphs. Great situational awareness on how much kWh and subsequent cost one is putting in the vehicle....awesome home EVSE!

Congratulations on your new Home! 8-)
Currently, the only offer is a $5 credit, you'll find details a couple of comments up thread. Though we don't currently have any offers for the ChargePoint Home, when we do have a discount, we share it right here in this thread so definitely subscribe to notifications! :)

mwk wrote:Hi.

So you do know that there is an EAST COAST in the United States, in addition to California, right? People here in New England would also like to travel along our interstates, secure in our knowledge that we can recharge our cars. Right now, if I want to drive to NYC from Boston, there is exactly ONE Charge Point charging station in back of a motel, off of I-95, not really walking distance to anything. When are you planning to put maybe one or two more locations on line?

I completely understand your anticipation for more locations near you. We're just getting started. 8-) ;)
However, if you find we're not reaching your area quickly enough, you can also request a station by calling our 24 hour driver support line (1-888-758-4389)

ChargePoint

A deal for ChargePoint drivers: $1,000 off solar!

Mon May 07, 2018 1:31 am

A deal for ChargePoint drivers: $1,000 off solar!

Now is as good a time as any to consider solar power, which is a great way to charge an EV on carbon-free energy for low rates.
This post (http://bit.ly/ChargePointSolar) provides an introduction to what you need to know about installing solar power at your home, plus an exciting deal from Vivint Solar for 100 lucky ChargePoint drivers: $1,000 off a home rooftop solar system!

offer available until July 31 2018 for drivers in California, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey or Long Island, New York.

Pigwich

Mon May 07, 2018 6:01 am

Hey, changing the subject to something more productive and friendly, would chargepoint consider letting individuals with OCPP capable chargers at home sign their machines up to allow plugshare style sharing, except that the homeowner gets paid? Like in other words, a light, private use version of the commercial product? Or even a free version that earned you only chargepoint credit? With rates that obviously made sense to everybody?

Just a thought.
(´・(oo)・`)

JerryBob

Wed May 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Dear ChargePoint,

I was recently given one of your cards. I always charge at home and have been using an ICE car for long trips. I would like to start using the Bolt for longer trips but due to privacy concerns I do not like signing up for Apps. Someone else having access to my email, contacts, photos, bank account, and who knows what else makes me nervous. I was told that I could sign up and use your card at stations that do not charge a fee. Is this true or do you still require a credit or debit card info? Can I have a pre-paid account that the card uses that you can't just take money from my account to auto reload it?
2017 Bolt LT
2015 BMW i3
2001 BMW Z3
2007 Ford Mustang GT500
1960 VW Beetle (Restored Original)
1968 Chevrolet Camaro convertible
1969 Chevrolet Corvette

ChargePoint

Mon May 21, 2018 5:37 pm

Pigwich wrote:Hey, changing the subject to something more productive and friendly, would chargepoint consider letting individuals with OCPP capable chargers at home sign their machines up to allow plugshare style sharing, except that the homeowner gets paid? Like in other words, a light, private use version of the commercial product? Or even a free version that earned you only chargepoint credit? With rates that obviously made sense to everybody?

Just a thought.

Hi Pigwich, sorry I missed this! This is a great suggestion, which I passed on to our team. We'll consider this as a part of our strategy road map in the future.

JerryBob wrote:Dear ChargePoint,
I was recently given one of your cards. I always charge at home and have been using an ICE car for long trips. I would like to start using the Bolt for longer trips but due to privacy concerns I do not like signing up for Apps. Someone else having access to my email, contacts, photos, bank account, and who knows what else makes me nervous. I was told that I could sign up and use your card at stations that do not charge a fee. Is this true or do you still require a credit or debit card info? Can I have a pre-paid account that the card uses that you can't just take money from my account to auto reload it?

ChargePoint operates on a credit system. The first time you use a ChargePoint station with a fee, you’ll need to enter payment information. We’ll charge you $10, keep that as a balance on your account and deduct your charging costs from it. Every time your balance goes below $5 we’ll add another $10 using the payment method on file. (If you charge your EV a lot, we’ll bring your balance up to your average monthly charging total instead of $10.) If you only use free stations, we’ll never charge your card. If you cancel your account, we’ll refund the remainder of your balance. To update or remove your payment information anytime, go to Financial Information (web) or My Profile (mobile) under My Account, and that's it!

Return to “Batteries and Charging”