Hello from ChargePoint!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're proud to announce that ChargePoint has now been listed in the Global Cleantech 100 seven times, making us the first EV charging company to be inducted into the Cleantech Group Hall of Fame. We will continue to work with other industry leaders to enable clean transportation.

25p2639.png

Evoforce said:
SparkE said:
Anxiously awaiting news of any Express Plus installs in the U.S.

+1 agreed!
We hope to be able to share news here for you all very soon! Also, to keep up with the latest follow us on Facebook - we'll often share the news with the EV community there first!

What makes people 6X more likely to drive electric? Access to EV charging at work.

60% of workplace drivers surveyed at a Fortune 500 company said they are likely to switch to EVs if workplace charging becomes available. – ChargePoint survey data.

Here’s how employers can make it happen - our 6 tips to bring EV charging to your workplace: http://bit.ly/2DVaJED

CP_Blog_Workplace_eBook.jpg

60% of workplace drivers may give that answer on a survey, but 59.9% of them may be lying.

We’ve had a 2 plug L2 at work for 5 years now. I love it, especially when I had LEAFs, it was great to leave work fully charged.

There’s about 500 cars in the lot every day, and in 5 years, it’s been almost exclusively used by me and the security team C-Max.

Just in the last two months, someone else got a C-Max and uses it occasionally.

A few workers have asked me about EVs, but the lot is still full of ice.

And it’s free! How reluctant to try an electric do you have to be to pass up free fuel?

DNAinaGoodWay said:
60% of workplace drivers may give that answer on a survey, but 59.9% of them may be lying.

We’ve had a 2 plug L2 at work for 5 years now. I love it, especially when I had LEAFs, it was great to leave work fully charged.

There’s about 500 cars in the lot every day, and in 5 years, it’s been almost exclusively used by me and the security team C-Max.

Also there are regional variations. I don't see many electric cars when I visit family in New England. Almost none.

I see lots of electric cars at home. The two closest workplace L2 stations locally are almost 100% utilized during the day, the only way to be sure of a charge at work was to get in before 8 AM. And they are not free.

The stereotypical New Englander is, to put it politely, frugal. And that’s how I promote EVs to them, cheap fuel, occasionally free! Little to no maintenance cost. Various incentives to begin with. But no, even my most free thinking co-workers, friends, and relatives have not given it a shot in the last 5 years, and I’m on my third car. OK, I can understand when they were sub 100 mile range cars. The situation has to be right for that to work. But now, the Bolt should tempt more into the market. Maybe by 2020, with more models over 200 range, things will move faster here. Already, I do see more Bolts.

As far as my own workplace, they’re not interested in adding more units when the one they have is underutilized. If it were as crowded as your description, it’d be an easier sell.

We've recently released our annual Charging Forward Report (our state of the industry report).
Here's where you can download the full report: http://bit.ly/ChargingForward

ChargePoint-EV.jpg

Charging Forward provides a vivid snapshot of the state of electric mobility, tracks the growth of EV charging and mass EV adoption, and paints a picture of what’s to come in electric mobility, utilities, fleets, vehicle technology and more.

In addition to taking a look back at the year before, the Charging Forward report takes a look forward, making several predictions about what’s to come in the world of e-mobility.

By 2020, we're estimating that more than three million public charging spots will be installed globally, supporting the mass adoption of electric vehicles around the world. As electric infrastructure grows, utilities and automakers will explore new business models that reflect the new realities and technologies associated with e-mobility.

Free L2 charging is available at my workplace. So far, I'm the only user. Several people have inquired about my Bolt, but no new owners yet. There's also 16 free L2 stations right down the street from us and I've never seen more than 2 cars plugged in. AND I'M IN CALIFORNIA!

I don't think it'll stay this way for long

ChargePoint said:
We've recently released our annual Charging Forward Report (our state of the industry report).
Here's where you can download the full report: http://bit.ly/ChargingForward

ChargePoint-EV.jpg

Charging Forward provides a vivid snapshot of the state of electric mobility, tracks the growth of EV charging and mass EV adoption, and paints a picture of what’s to come in electric mobility, utilities, fleets, vehicle technology and more.

In addition to taking a look back at the year before, the Charging Forward report takes a look forward, making several predictions about what’s to come in the world of e-mobility.

By 2020, we're estimating that more than three million public charging spots will be installed globally, supporting the mass adoption of electric vehicles around the world. As electric infrastructure grows, utilities and automakers will explore new business models that reflect the new realities and technologies associated with e-mobility.

Our Charging Forward report is now interactive!

2a0demx.png

Everywhere a driver parks becomes an opportunity to charge, and considering that most cars are parked more than 90% of the time, that’s a lot of charging!

Choose a time of day on the slider at the link to see where EV drivers are charging.: http://bit.ly/ChargingForward2

The previous post is just plain dumb.
Useless to anyone out of pre-school or kindergarten.
Oh, I’m sorry. Was that meant to be for the kindergarten age group?

Come on ChargePoint. I expect more from you.

“Most charging between 10pm and 5am occurs at home. Most charging after 9am occurs at work.”

Really. No $hit. Thanks for posting that.

The world’s leading EV charging network and leading mobile wallet have teamed up to make EV charging even easier: add Apple Pay to your ChargePoint account and get $5 in charging credit.

• Visit this link for details and to join: http://bit.ly/chargepointcredit

unnamed.png

Use Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch to pay within the ChargePoint app.

Many of you saw the news about the ChargePoint Express Plus (delivering up to 400 kW per port) on InsideEV or CleanTechnica.

https://insideevs.com/chargepoint-express-plus-debuts-offers-industry-high-400-kw-dc-fast-charging/
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/01/18/unpacking-the-new-chargepoint-express-plus-family/

I'm happy to share that we have a quick update regarding DCFC!

We haven't released very much information publicly yet, however, I'm able to share a just a few details that might help to answer questions you've all asked us here in the past! :)

We are actively engineering all of our I-5 sites, including the necessary site and utility design work. This is a key part of getting stations installed that are reliable and accessible to all EV drivers.

We expect all ChargePoint stations on I-5 to be active by October 2018!

ChargePoint will be installing chargers in more than 70+ sites in California this year. There will be a mix of chargers at each site, for example, 1 or 2 DC Fast Chargers & 1 Level 2 AC chargers, including the ChargePoint Express 200, Express 250, Express Plus, and the CT4000. You can find details on these stations here (http://bit.ly/2vVa8lL). In total, we will be installing 100+ DC Fast charging stations and 70+ Level 2 chargers.

The major funding source is CEC grants with additional funds contributed by ChargePoint and the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District. The stations are also part of the West Coast Electric Highway Initiative (http://bit.ly/2HQ4p4e) which involves participation from multiple state agencies.

That's it for now, though as always, we'll share more with the community when we have new updates or more details available!

chargepoint_express_charger-768x1152.jpg

Any discounts/credits for folks that purchased a Chargepoint Home Charger? I just completed my first charge from the unit...pretty cool stats/graphs. Great situational awareness on how much kWh and subsequent cost one is putting in the vehicle....awesome home EVSE!

Hi.

So you do know that there is an EAST COAST in the United States, in addition to California, right? People here in New England would also like to travel along our interstates, secure in our knowledge that we can recharge our cars. Right now, if I want to drive to NYC from Boston, there is exactly ONE Charge Point charging station in back of a motel, off of I-95, not really walking distance to anything. When are you planning to put maybe one or two more locations on line?

seattlite said:
Any discounts/credits for folks that purchased a Chargepoint Home Charger? I just completed my first charge from the unit...pretty cool stats/graphs. Great situational awareness on how much kWh and subsequent cost one is putting in the vehicle....awesome home EVSE!

Congratulations on your new Home! :cool:
Currently, the only offer is a $5 credit, you'll find details a couple of comments up thread. Though we don't currently have any offers for the ChargePoint Home, when we do have a discount, we share it right here in this thread so definitely subscribe to notifications! :)

mwk said:
Hi.

So you do know that there is an EAST COAST in the United States, in addition to California, right? People here in New England would also like to travel along our interstates, secure in our knowledge that we can recharge our cars. Right now, if I want to drive to NYC from Boston, there is exactly ONE Charge Point charging station in back of a motel, off of I-95, not really walking distance to anything. When are you planning to put maybe one or two more locations on line?

I completely understand your anticipation for more locations near you. We're just getting started. :cool: ;)
However, if you find we're not reaching your area quickly enough, you can also request a station by calling our 24 hour driver support line (1-888-758-4389)

A deal for ChargePoint drivers: $1,000 off solar!

Now is as good a time as any to consider solar power, which is a great way to charge an EV on carbon-free energy for low rates.
This post (http://bit.ly/ChargePointSolar) provides an introduction to what you need to know about installing solar power at your home, plus an exciting deal from Vivint Solar for 100 lucky ChargePoint drivers: $1,000 off a home rooftop solar system!

Vivint%202.jpg

offer available until July 31 2018 for drivers in California, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey or Long Island, New York.

Hey, changing the subject to something more productive and friendly, would chargepoint consider letting individuals with OCPP capable chargers at home sign their machines up to allow plugshare style sharing, except that the homeowner gets paid? Like in other words, a light, private use version of the commercial product? Or even a free version that earned you only chargepoint credit? With rates that obviously made sense to everybody?

Just a thought.

Dear ChargePoint,

I was recently given one of your cards. I always charge at home and have been using an ICE car for long trips. I would like to start using the Bolt for longer trips but due to privacy concerns I do not like signing up for Apps. Someone else having access to my email, contacts, photos, bank account, and who knows what else makes me nervous. I was told that I could sign up and use your card at stations that do not charge a fee. Is this true or do you still require a credit or debit card info? Can I have a pre-paid account that the card uses that you can't just take money from my account to auto reload it?

Pigwich said:
Hey, changing the subject to something more productive and friendly, would chargepoint consider letting individuals with OCPP capable chargers at home sign their machines up to allow plugshare style sharing, except that the homeowner gets paid? Like in other words, a light, private use version of the commercial product? Or even a free version that earned you only chargepoint credit? With rates that obviously made sense to everybody?

Just a thought.

Hi Pigwich, sorry I missed this! This is a great suggestion, which I passed on to our team. We'll consider this as a part of our strategy road map in the future.

JerryBob said:
Dear ChargePoint,
I was recently given one of your cards. I always charge at home and have been using an ICE car for long trips. I would like to start using the Bolt for longer trips but due to privacy concerns I do not like signing up for Apps. Someone else having access to my email, contacts, photos, bank account, and who knows what else makes me nervous. I was told that I could sign up and use your card at stations that do not charge a fee. Is this true or do you still require a credit or debit card info? Can I have a pre-paid account that the card uses that you can't just take money from my account to auto reload it?

ChargePoint operates on a credit system. The first time you use a ChargePoint station with a fee, you’ll need to enter payment information. We’ll charge you $10, keep that as a balance on your account and deduct your charging costs from it. Every time your balance goes below $5 we’ll add another $10 using the payment method on file. (If you charge your EV a lot, we’ll bring your balance up to your average monthly charging total instead of $10.) If you only use free stations, we’ll never charge your card. If you cancel your account, we’ll refund the remainder of your balance. To update or remove your payment information anytime, go to Financial Information (web) or My Profile (mobile) under My Account, and that's it!

Back