Is Chevy investigating seat complaints?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone in the Leaf forum has claimed that they just got a MY '18 Bolt, and that the seats are "fixed" in it.

I have a late February 2018 built car, and the front seats are the worst seats I've ever experienced in a car, modern or not. Enough to make me question the purchase.

I have a 2017 Chevy Trax loaner while my Bolt is being serviced. The seats in the Trax are worse to me than in the Bolt. Extremely firm. Like sitting on wood chairs with a quarter inch of cloth on top. AND when I was sleepy and wanted to take a rest break, they only reclined about 30 degrees back.

Horrible.

(Also ApplePlay to get maps was horrible on the tiny 6” screen. The turn-by-turn directions and ETA / miles to go took up most of the screen and you couldn’t see the map! Horrible. )

And the 1.4 L engine went zero to 60 in about an hour. Horrible.

One plus, while it used gas, it got 36 mpg in mostly highway driving. Which is higher than the EPA rating. Pretty good there, but I want my BOLT back now! Seats aren’t that bad in comparison!

I had no reason to complain about my driver seat during the first few months of gentle use. Yes, it is a far cry from Range Rover HSE (which had the best front seats IMHO). Recently, I was unpleasantly surprised by a cracking sound coming from inside the back cushion every time I stretch a bit. It sounds like a cheap plastic part broken, not my backbone for sure :D

We shall wait to hear from the dealer or GM on this one...

Feel free to contact me regarding {...} .

{mod edit: no advertising on the forum. }

yuril said:
I had no reason to complain about my driver seat during the first few months of gentle use. Yes, it is a far cry from Range Rover HSE (which had the best front seats IMHO). Recently, I was unpleasantly surprised by a cracking sound coming from inside the back cushion every time I stretch a bit. It sounds like a cheap plastic part broken, not my backbone for sure :D

We shall wait to hear from the dealer or GM on this one...

Mine started creaking too.

Back