The 14.4.2 software update!!!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta say, this update has been a can of worms.

I'd been running on the original codebase and, after seeing the information about the battery overheating, decided to pull the ripcord and update. Since then, Android Auto has been incredibly flaky.

Home button randomly becoming useless when in AndroidAuto.

Random reboots.

Weird latencies when using voice control to send texts using Android Auto. Most annoying is that about 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 texts now start with the words "here's your message ..."

Really regretting the update.

OTOH, now I know how to force a reset and, apparently, that there's a difference between short and long presses on the Home button, the latter of which would return me to Android Auto. If *that* works, this thread is worth it's weight in gold.

blopeep said:
Home button randomly becoming useless when in AndroidAuto.
The home button stops working when you're on one of the energy screens - the workaround is to press the "soft" home button at the upper left of the screen.

This bug is apparently fixed in the 14.5 software update.

SeanNelson said:
The home button stops working when you're on one of the energy screens - the workaround is to press the "soft" home button at the upper left of the screen.

This bug is apparently fixed in the 14.5 software update.

I've had this problem not only in the Energy screen, but also in the main Call/Phone screen (with keypad and contact list) as well as within AndroidAuto, which I why I'm mentioning it. And, none of the soft buttons were working either.

I need to check if I'm running 14.5 or not.

Back