LKA keeps yelling at me

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GetOffYourGas

Since the recent batch of software updates, it seems that LKA has gotten more naggy and less aggressive. For example, suppose there is a vehicle stopped halfway in the shoulder and I cross the line to get around them. It used to be that LKA would jerk the wheel hard to keep me in the lane and I'd have to fight a little to not hit the vehicle. Now it seems to let me drift more easily, but sounds an alarm when I do.

Has anyone else noticed this? What are your thoughts? I'm not sure if it's better, worse, or just different from the old system.

I have never heard LKA sound an alarm unless I'm testing it by deliberately leaving my hands off the wheel and letting it ping-pong against the left and right lane markings. And even then it doesn't sound the alarm until the second pong.

It used to do that for me, too. Before the update. Now it doesn't pong as much, but alarms much sooner. Have you had the recall software updates applied?

GetOffYourGas said:
It used to do that for me, too. Before the update. Now it doesn't pong as much, but alarms much sooner. Have you had the recall software updates applied?
Nope, not yet. But the recall updates are for battery management and the windshield wipers, right? I don't recall seeing anything that might affect the camera or steering systems.

I don't recall seeing that either, which is why the sudden change in behavior was so unexpected. I'm curious if anyone else who has had the updates has noticed the change.

Back