BoltEV

Re: Do not use EVgo fast chargers. No, seriously. Just don't.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:29 pm

SparkE wrote:No self-identified "EVgo Rep" has ever stuck her/his head in here.

And why should they?

Considering the title of the thread and the clear bias and inaccurate information posted in this thread.

No self-respecting Company wants to “debate” haters.

SparkE

Re: Do not use EVgo fast chargers. No, seriously. Just don't.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:05 pm

I guess that I wasn't clear enough : No self-identified "EVgo Rep" has ever stuck her/his head on this forum, in any thread.

(Unlike ChargePoint, which has a rather visible and interactive presence on the forum.)

ChargePoint

Re: EVgo DC chargers were horrible until ...

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 pm

SparkE wrote:I would also appreciate some additional detail. When ChargePoint 'forum user' says "all ChargePoint DCFC stations on I-5", does that mean all the stations in the CEC plan, from Yreka in the North (near the Oregon border) down to Santa Clarita in the south?

If so, there appear to be 16 new ChargePoint stations on I-5 in the CEC plan - all 16 will be active by October 2018?

Where should we 'tune in' for any additional official notices on the status of these stations? (Sorry, I'm sure you've provided the URL in the past, but I can't remember it.)

Thank you!

BoltEV wrote:
ChargePoint wrote:Hi!
We expect all ChargePoint DCFC stations on I-5 to be active by October 2018!
We shared that news in our main thread, however, I am not able to share any further updates at this time. :)

Here's that post here in the forum: viewtopic.php?p=31400#p31400

Can you be specific as to the locations active in October 2018?

I'll check in with the team to see if they'll be able to provide a location list so I can then loop back and share with you here, however, all ChargePoint stations are easily found on the ChargePoint station map (on our website and the app) when they're active. So that's definitely a great place to check in normally!

We share all our news on our social channels on Facebook and Twitter, and the press page of the website: https://www.chargepoint.com/about/media/ and you'll also find the links to our social channels there (I didn't want to kill you with links :) )
By request of the MyChevyBolt team, we are no longer active. Please contact our support team if you need help, have experienced an issue, or have questions about ChargePoint! Our driver support team is available 24/7. https://www.chargepoint.com/support

gpsman

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:12 pm

BoltEV wrote:
the Metro Universal City station (well they are L2 but they only chage $1 per hour for the first three hours and the remainder of the charge is free, while I ride the rails!)

Is that really how it is billed or did you get it backwards?

EVERY charge station I have used (probably nearly 50 of them by now) either charges a constant rate, or the prices go UP after 1, 2, or 3 hours to encourage you to MOVE and not hog that stall all day.

gpsman

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:16 pm

EvGo just sent me a bill (invoice) for charging I did 45 days ago.

I was one click away from submitting a fraudulent charge report to my bank because I knew I hadn’t used any in recent memory.

I sure like how ChargePoint bills you (and collects) right away.

keijidosha

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:23 pm

gpsman wrote:EvGo just sent me a bill (invoice) for charging I did 45 days ago.

I was one click away from submitting a fraudulent charge report to my bank because I knew I hadn’t used any in recent memory.

I sure like how ChargePoint bills you (and collects) right away.

EVgo billing is better than it was, but still cryptic. I have had a varying balance inexplicably carry forward for months now. While I don't understand it, it's not inaccurate. Their charge sites are reliable and where I need them, so billing is good enough by me. Agree ChargPoint billing is more logical.
- 2009 BMW MINI E > 2013 Honda Fit EV > 2017 Chevy Bolt EV
- 2013 Ford C-max Energi > Tesla Model 3 (Reservation) > Waiting for the Y or ???

BoltEV

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:12 pm

gpsman wrote:
BoltEV wrote:
the Metro Universal City station (well they are L2 but they only chage $1 per hour for the first three hours and the remainder of the charge is free, while I ride the rails!)

Is that really how it is billed or did you get it backwards?

EVERY charge station I have used (probably nearly 50 of them by now) either charges a constant rate, or the prices go UP after 1, 2, or 3 hours to encourage you to MOVE and not hog that stall all day.

That is an accurate comment as of the last time I used these EV Connect chargers, last time I was there.

When I can, I will go over there, plug in and jump on the train for a few hours.

Pigwich

Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:43 am

I have to say, since I started this thread, the EvGo fast chargers are certainly better than they were. Were they as reasonable as they are now, I probably wouldn't have made such a stink. Here's hoping they keep moving in the right direction.
(´・(oo)・`)

JoeS

Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:17 am

I, too, was not a fan of EVgo's previous rate structure, although I personally found their hardware always operable. With EVgo's dramatic rate structure revision and increased charging time I'm now quite happy with them.

Pigwich, you can go back to your very first post and edit the Subject, and that will change the title of this thread. May I suggest something like "EVgo Discussions" or "EVgo Transformation From Bad to Good"?

BoltEV

Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:25 pm

JoeS wrote:Pigwich, you can go back to your very first post and edit the Subject, and that will change the title of this thread. May I suggest something like "EVgo Discussions" or "EVgo Transformation From Bad to Good"?

Or “EVgo Haters UNITE! Throw off your chains!”

Return to “Batteries and Charging”