Is there a USB port which is live all the time?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

provega350

Is there a USB port which is live all the time on the Bolt LT? I can't find a way to charge my LG Stylo 3 Plus smartphone without turning on my Bolt. I am concerned that by doing that I am using more power than I need to. Thank you.

provega350 said:
Is there a USB port which is live all the time on the Bolt LT?
No. If you want one you'll have to wire something up to one of the constant 12V points on the fuse panel, and then be careful not to suck too much juice out of it with the car off (because the Bolt's 12V auxiliary battery is relatively small).

SeanNelson said:
provega350 said:
Is there a USB port which is live all the time on the Bolt LT?
No. If you want one you'll have to wire something up to one of the constant 12V points on the fuse panel, and then be careful not to suck too much juice out of it with the car off.
Thank you.

provega350 said:
Is there a USB port which is live all the time on the Bolt LT? I can't find a way to charge my LG Stylo 3 Plus smartphone without turning on my Bolt. I am concerned that by doing that I am using more power than I need to. Thank you.

Or you could just use a powerbank to charge when the car is off:
http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/wiki/usb-port-in-the-chevy-bolt-that-is-live-all-the-time/

Back