plj

Re: Electric Auto Association Petitions for Mammoth Lake Public Chargers

Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:44 am

That charger desert on 395 extends all the way north to South Lake Tahoe. There's no public Level 2 or 3 in that entire 350-mile-long reach from South Lake Tahoe to Mohave.

In contrast, Nevada DOT has a free Level 3 charger in Hawthorne...

I'm heading to Lee Vining tomorrow, and called two motels to see if I could use a 220 Volt outlet (with my EVSE). Alas no. There's a RV park, but they want $40 / day, and with staying two days, we'll take a gas car. (Has anyone negotiated a lower price at a RV park?)

plj

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:46 am

I asked about plans for a public charger at the Mono Lake Committee, and they reported that the Chamber of Commerce is working on installing one. Perhaps at the Solar Pavilion, which a quick search found a discussion. Here's the first paragraph (dated July 5th, 2018):

"Exciting times are shining on Lee Vining early this summer with the groundbreaking of the Pioneer Solar Pavilion at Hess Park. The pavilion will provide protection from the harsh Eastern Sierra sun and wind, while providing solar power and free wi-fi, as well as a space for outdoor events. Visitors to the pavilion will find a unique blend of past and future, with panels detailing historically significant Mono Basin pioneer families juxtaposed against modern solar panels generating power for Mono County, which will own and maintain the pavilion."

Source: https://www.monolake.org/today/2018/07/ ... -pavilion/

paulgipe

Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Yes, the EAA and the locals in Lee Vining are working on a Level 2 for Hess Park. The PV system goes live on Tuesday, according to Janet Carle, the organizer behind it all.

I hope to have something up on it in a few days.

They have a ChargePoint rep visiting Mammoth, also on Tuesday.

Paul
Paul Gipe
2017 Bolt LT with DCFC, leased 11/09/17
2015 Nissan S with QC, leased, returned
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, used, sold
L2; ClipperCreek HCS-40; Jesla; JDapter Stub
www.wind-works.org

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”