Controlling Music On USB Memory Stick

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwn

All our previous cars had tape and cd players so playing music from usb stick is a welcome feature. Is there a way to control the order of mp3 files played. It seems to play based on alphabetical order of all the mp3 file names instead of mp3s from a folder then moving to the next folder. I see a list of tracks instead of a list of folders in Playlist. It isn't very flexible or give many options.

If you browse by folder, you can have it play the songs in that folder either in order or at random. But i have yet to figure out how to get it to go to the next folder when it is done.

Oh man the GUI on searching for songs on a memory stick sucks. It's hard enough to find a song but trying to find ANOTHER song after that is really annoying. Once you go into a folder, getting back out is terrible because you basically have to start over at the top directory. Very bad design IMO.

For some reason, lately when I start the car the system play 2 seconds of whatever radio station I WAS on, then jumps to Tupac on my memory stick. Annoying.

Agreed, it's awful. You have to take your eyes off the road for far too long to get to any meaningful screen from which you can then select your song.

My car has the obnoxious habit of reverting to Sam Cooke, simply because it is the first song when sorted alphabetically by song title. I mean, I like the song, but I don't need to hear it every time I start the car.

GetOffYourGas said:
Agreed, it's awful. You have to take your eyes off the road for far too long to get to any meaningful screen from which you can then select your song.
I had the brilliant idea to just ask the Google Assistant to play a track, but it always want to go to Google Music rather than playing songs I have on my phone... :cry:

Back