adopterearly

Re: Set time zone on clock?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Sorry about the delay. I'm usually offline all day Wednesdays.

I do have an iPhone and use CarPlay regularly. I agree, it's not getting the time from the phone. It's also not getting it from my home internet.

Although I don't have an active subscription, the car usually tells me, either on the screen on over the speaker, that I have limited OnStar service. It looks like that means Vehicle diagnostics, Dealer maintenance notification, Smart Driver, and Marketplace. Don't know if that helps with the clock.

I might leave the clock on auto for a couple of days and see if it gets better. I did not get the Navigation or the Roadside Assistance services, so the GPS may or may not be active. The cell tower location makes most sense to me.
2017 Bolt Premier delivered January 20, 2017. Full battery pack replaced Summer 2018.

BoltDriver29

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 pm

iwatson wrote:
BoltDriver29 wrote:Keypass and Mychevy app work slightly differently. Yes they both work through the MyChevy app so that to the user they appear to be the same. Keypass works via Bluetooth so you must be close to the car for Keypass to work. When beyond that range the MyChevy app uses the internet and onstar to connect to your car, therefore you can control your vehicle from anywhere you have cell service.

That is also my understanding of how it works. It is interesting to note that your time reset immediately upon switching from manual to auto. That confirms to me that the time sync is continuous. I thought it worked that way but was considering that maybe it did not.

It's starting to look like I'll have to bite the bullet and sign up for OnStar.

adopterearly

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Update.

When I turned on the Bolt this morning, it read the correct time zone. Then after the connection progress circle finished (presumably connecting to the cell network and home WiFi), it immediately switched to UTC. I'll keep it on auto it for another day or so and see if it changes when I change cell towers.

I suspect that I'm stuck with manual time set, unless I want to keep subtracting 8 hours from the time.
2017 Bolt Premier delivered January 20, 2017. Full battery pack replaced Summer 2018.

gpsman

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:19 am

Something is wrong with your car.

Mine automatically keeps perfect time and automatically adjusted from Daylight Savings to Standard time.

I do not subscribe to OnStar. I’ve never paid a dime for it.

I did notice it took 15 or 20 minutes to make the 1 hour change to standard time. At first when I started driving last Sunday I was disapointed it did not adjust. Then 20 minutes into my drive I looked down and the time was correct.

RCTurner

Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Check the manual. It explains how the system works.

BoltDriver29

Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:30 am

RCTurner wrote:Check the manual. It explains how the system works.

Do you have a reference? Bolt 2019 Manual page number 114: this doesn't explain anything. It does not even mention cell towers. I finally put mine in Manual to adjust out of DST and then put it back in Auto. Nothing set automatically.

"Auto Set
1. Press D, then touch T.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Time and Date, then touch Auto Set.
4. Select from the available options." <----- No Explanation, although it should be apparent. So why does it not work?

Return to “Technical Discussions”