Controlling volume when using smartphone Google maps with bluetooth connection

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairekirk

On a 2017 Bolt Premier: Anyone know how to control the volume coming through the car's speakers originating from a smart phone when using Google maps ? Right now my eardrums are being blasted & I end up disconnecting the phone. I've tried both the car’s radio volume control & the phone's volume control. Neither of them works. Help!
Claire

2017 Bolt Premier with Infotainment package and Galaxy S7 phone. Volume control changes the volume of each source only during operation of that source. To turn down the volume on google maps, turn the volume down while the maps cue audio is actively talking. I find it can take a few tries when driving cues are infrequent. Try setting a destination and then driving the opposite direction so maps gets chatty trying to turn you around. You will have more opportunities to adjust the volume.

Hi keijidosha - OMG IT WORKED! Me of little faith - - Cannot thank you enough. but here goes - THANK YOU!! Seems strange how one can control the volume only when the voice commands from the gps are "speaking". I would never have figured it out on my own. Happy Holidays to you!!

Back