Waze on Apple CarPlay

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VABolt

You can now run Waze on Apple CarPlay. A problem I am having is when you try to click on a post to get details, say an accident or police siting, nothing happens. When I do this on my phone the details appears in a pop-up. Is anyone else having this issue when using Waze? Thanks!

VABolt said:
You can now run Waze on Apple CarPlay. A problem I am having is when you try to click on a post to get details, say an accident or police siting, nothing happens. When I do this on my phone the details appears in a pop-up. Is anyone else having this issue when using Waze? Thanks!
I'm not a Waze user, but that behaviour might be by design. Interface guidelines for automotive screen integration discourage dumping a lot of text onto the screen that could distract the driver. A good way to deal with this would be to have Waze speak the comments, but it wouldn't surprise me that such a capability wouldn't make it into an initial release.

Yay, Waze!!!

I stopped using Waze when my Chevy Volt morphed into my Bolt EV and CarPlay!

I used it all day today for a 100 mile cruise and I LOVED it!!

It even recognizes when I am in the HOV lane and now is smart enough to route me from HOV to HOV interchanges! Yay!!!

It shows me Police and Stopped Cars and Construction without taking up too much screen architecture, and asks my input:

Thanks; or

Not There

Waze is indispensable in Los Angeles.

Thanks for a great tip: VABolt!

Back