volksr6

Upgrade to Heated Steering Wheel

Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:06 pm

I recently bought the heated steering wheel from Chev parts to replace my basic steering wheel (non heated) for my 2017 Bolt LT. However, we are unable to make the heated function work after installation (all other control is fine). Is there any way we can make this work on my bolt?

like2bike

Re: Upgrade to Heated Steering Wheel

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:55 am

Did you ask anyone if this should work? Not that I know any reason why it shouldn't. I did check my car to see if I could hear a relay used for it, but I could not hear any.
2019 Chevy Bolt LT w/ FC & DC II, named Orion L-ion
2013 Nissan LEAF S w/ QC, named Leafy McLeaf Face
2014 Toyota Prius v/5
Schneider EVlink L2 charging
EV driver since March 2013

SeanNelson

Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:55 pm

This is complete and sheer speculation, but you might try turning the car off and disconnecting the negative terminal of the 12V battery for a few minutes before reconnecting it again. That should force all of the car's computers to reboot, and there's a chance that as they boot up and enumerate all of the equipment in the car they'll see the heated steering wheel controls and enable their operation.

volksr6

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:52 pm

SeanNelson wrote:This is complete and sheer speculation, but you might try turning the car off and disconnecting the negative terminal of the 12V battery for a few minutes before reconnecting it again. That should force all of the car's computers to reboot, and there's a chance that as they boot up and enumerate all of the equipment in the car they'll see the heated steering wheel controls and enable their operation.

I thought there is some settings need in the system.

Bern

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:34 am

Typically it is not possible to add an accessory that didn't come with the car other than GM accessories. I did find a TSB for bolts that have heated steering wheel that don't work because of a SIR coil application part is wrong. also found that the their is a heated steering wheel module, the module is very small located in the bottom leg of the steering wheel. Maybe (I don't Know) replacing the SIR coil and confirming the heated steering wheel module is included with steering wheel is all it needs

volksr6

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:54 pm

I purchased the steering wheel from GM parts and this is the wheels for bolt with the winter package. My mechanic install the wheel but we can't get the heated function work.

Return to “Technical Discussions”