Delayed charging just defaults to next day

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomofNV

When I try to select any day other than the next day for delayed charging it just sets to the next day and ignores my choice. How do you get it to set delayed charging for other days?

Hmmm, not one response. Maybe because I used incorrect terminology. I'm talking about the "Departure" charging mode. I set a time and day for departure mode charging using the "Edit Planned Departure" window. It uses the time I input, but it ignores the day I selected and just defaults to the next morning. Can't set it to be charged say 2 or 3 mornings from present even though it gives the option of selecting any day Monday through Sunday.

In my experience you can set different times to be ready each day of the week but it always assumes that if you plug it in you want it charged by the following day at the specified time.

If your objective, like some, is to not charge to full but leave the vehicle plugged in for battery conditioning during extreme cold or extreme hot ambient temperatures, I suggest you use "hilltop reserve" setting on a 2017 or set the max charge amount on a newer Bolt.

It will still charge to the level defined the first night but then will condition the battery more aggressively as it is plugged in

Read a few posts that it's a good idea to only charge the battery to 80%. I figure even at 80% charge I will have more than enough battery capacity for 99% of my driving needs. Note really sure if it matters, since I kept my 2014 Volt fully charged every night, and when I traded it in for my 2019 Bolt I still had 40 mile range.

Back