RCTurner

Cold Weather Issues

Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Other than loss of range due to the issues related to cold weather, has anyone had any issues that are the result of cold winter driving?

Mine is very happy in the cold weather with heating that works well a fairly normal driving experience, We have hit -30 degrees this winter with wind chills at -60.

The tires do leave something to be desired in the snow and cold but, if you are careful they are just fine.

RCTurner

Re: Cold Weather Issues

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:15 am

Apparently, there are few issues associated with cold weather and winter driving. I agree. However, one issue that has plagued mine is the amount of snow and ice buildup in the wheel wells when driving on streets covered with snow or slush. I seem to be cleaning them out often as the tires rub when turning or going into or out of driveways.

theothertom

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:51 am

I've read a few posts about ice building up on the windshield wipers (while driving!!) because there's no engine heat to melt it. I don't live in a very cold climate so I haven't personally experienced it.

SparkE

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:45 am

theothertom wrote:I've read a few posts about ice building up on the windshield wipers (while driving!!) because there's no engine heat to melt it. I don't live in a very cold climate so I haven't personally experienced it.

1) use defroster + heater BEFORE YOU LEAVE (while still plugged in) to warm the windshield. (15 mins of "preconditioning")

2) use anti-freeze windshield washer fluid mixed/diluted for the appropriate temps. Squirting that on the windshield will de-ize it.

Return to “General / Main Chevy Bolt Owners Forum”