Proxmity Sensor on Rear Bumper

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsg

Hi!

The rear bumper of the Bolt has 3 proximity sensors, each sensor is surrounded by a plastic seal. One of the seals has come loose, I still have it and am wondering what kind of glue I can use to secure it. It pops into the edge of the round sensor, but needs some kind of adhesive to be secure. I can take it to the dealer, but if I can do it myself I'd rather do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jerry

My 2¢: If this is no fault of your own, let the dealer take care of it. If you monkey around with it, and there's a future problem surrounding this that you can't handle, they might be happy to reject a warranty claim. I completely understand wanting to fix minor things that you are capable of doing. Additionally, generating tech bulletins for GM to see this problem, therefore hopefully improving future build/design quality, etc, is a good thing.

Good luck!

TheLondonBroiler said:
My 2¢: If this is no fault of your own, let the dealer take care of it. If you monkey around with it, and there's a future problem surrounding this that you can't handle, they might be happy to reject a warranty claim. I completely understand wanting to fix minor things that you are capable of doing. Additionally, generating tech bulletins for GM to see this problem, therefore hopefully improving future build/design quality, etc, is a good thing.

Good luck!

You are right. I tried gluing it back on but got a little glue on the bumper paint, now I have to fix that. Urgh!!!!
I took it to the dealer and it took him less than 1 minute to fix it and secure the plastic ring around the sensor. I should have taken it to the dealer first!

Back